First Mission

Previously:

I looked up after finishing the story to find (y/n) fast asleep. I quietly close the book and set it down, tip toeing out of the room. Right before I closed the door, I heard her soft small voice.

"Night night daddy," she says quietly, but even though she may have been half asleep, at that moment she became my precious little girl.

"Goodnight princess," I whispered quietly closing the door.

Your POV

It's been a month or so since I started training and today I get to go on my first mission! It's gonna be so exciting, I get to kick bad guy butt! Dig and Bruce are coming too, but not Alfred which I'm kinda sad about. Also, Alfred's letting me call him "grandpa", but he's not allowing Dig. Must be really weird... Anyway, I have a new family, except a mom... unless you count all those chicks Dad's been dating and taking home. And must I say, it's a bit loud in his bedroom even though his walls are supposed to be sound proof...

"You kids ready?" Dad asks, "Today's mission should be easy, it's just a robbery, but we need to get there quickly if we want to catch the criminals in time."

He then showed us the Bat Mobile. 

Ok. I tried containing my excitement, but I couldn't, so there was a lot of squealing, giggling, screaming, scolding by Batman and regretting ever letting us ride the Bat Mobile, but after all that commotion, we left.

We were going so fast, it was a blur and I was surprised when we already arrived at the bank where the robbery was taken place. The cold wind of the night hit my bare face, and yes I'm not wearing a mask. Dad said that his "new" technology was so high tech that he doubt anyone would recognize me. Not only did I have a costume, but he gave me two circle things that had a giant X on them which I would put and keep in my hair. Whenever I needed to change into my costume, I just had to press the X and I would magically change into my costume and my really long, braided, (h/c) hair would turn purple and my (e/c) eyes would change into blue, making me look like a robot. (A/N: Sorry if you have short hair or hate the costume, but you'll just have to deal with it ._.) He explained this once to me. It had to do something about mixing my DNA with chemicals and stuff like that. Dad calls it science, I call it magic. 

My weapons are similar to Robin's and Batman's, but just like their weapons matched their names, mine matched my name too, Dragon... but it looked robotic too like my costume. I insisted to have no name so I could be mysterious, but Batman wouldn't have any of it. I kept pressuring him and he eventually agreed to keep the name a secret between us heroes so he had something to call me during missions, but at the same time, non superhero wouldn't know so, my existence would be some what questioned. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was the best I could get out of him. I shouldn't have said anything when Dig asked me that question.....

Anyway, back to the present. I saw a group of men trailing like ants with huge bags of stolen cash and gold back to a van and quickly returning to the bank to get more goodies. Not very stealthy if you ask me. I mean, the security alarm was ringing so loud it was making my ears bleed. After a few seconds of observing them, Batman explained the plan and on the count of three we went out of our hiding spot and towards the crime scene.

BAM

A hole was created in the bank wall by an explosion, throwing a few men back. Out of the big hole came a vehicle with a man on the roof. He looked like a fat dapper with a long big, pointy nose. He was really short too... probably my height or possibly shorter and I'm only 9!

He spotted us and an evil smirk was placed on his face.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Hello Batman, looks like you're too late and out numbered!" the fat dapper man cackled.