F I V E

Louis Tomlinson

His mother died when he was at the age of 13, father telling him that mother was going away for a while. He waited and waited, curious as to where his dear mother could be. At the age of fifteen he realized his mother won't be coming back at all. So whenever he walks home from school Louis can't help but glance at children clutching onto their mothers hands. His fingers are clutching onto a packet of candy, specially picked out for Zayn.

His bag hangs low from his shoulders, hitting against his behind when he walks. He picked out a chocolate bar for himself, chewing on it while looking up at the sky to try to uncover the constellations that are barely visible because of the bright sun.

Louis sees Zayn leaning against their usual tree. Smiling he runs the rest of the way until he's puffing out breaths and Zayn is stroking his hair. He let's Zayn touch him, because he isn't a stranger and he knows him. It helps him calm down his breathing, head coming to rest again Zayn's chest, he let's out a grunt when the air is pushed out of his chest from Louis' sudden movement.

"What color are your eyes today" Zayn let's his hand run through Louis' hair until they reach the nape of his neck, resting his hand there.

"Grey" Louis sighs and inhales the ghosting smell of paint and cologne.

"I can work with that" Zayn pats the back of his head which signals Louis to take a seat. He follows close behind, sitting against the tree with Louis sitting like a child in front of him.

"I met someone that I instantly disliked today" Zayn casually brings up conversation while he digs into his satchel, pulling out three pencils and his familiar sketch pad. Louis tilts his head, Zayn was never one to judge so quickly.

"What did they do?" Louis straightens his head when Zayn's eyes land onto him. Hand halfway in his bag,

"His outfit resembled the damn sun, like someone tripped and accidently poured a bucket of yellow paint over his body, and he didn't bother washing it out" Zayn sticks his tongue out in disgust while Louis giggles and throws the packet of candy into Zayn's lap, Zayn thanks him with a ruffle to his hair.

"Don't like him because he wore yellow?" Louis teases.

"His fingernails were painted black and yellow" Zayn grumbles, palm coming to rest onto his forehead. Louis lifts his brows in surprise.

"Can boys paint their nails too?" Louis looks down at his hands, nails slowly becoming the color pink.

"Jesus Lou, that isn't the point" Zayn shakes his head and smiles at Louis' now pink nails.

"I like it" Louis holds out his hand, fingers fanning out.

"Looks good Lou" Zayn smiles fondly taking ahold of Louis' hand and pulling him closer. Their knees touch,

"Now stay still, this one is serious" Zayn begins to sketch, starting with the outline of Louis' face and eyes. Louis gives it his all to stay still.

"You're doing great Lou" Zayn grins, eyes glancing upward at Louis, smile instantly falling when catching the determined look on him. He flushes a deep color, and clears his throat,

"Don't have to look so mean Lou" Zayn grumbles and goes back to sketching. Louis' face instantly softens, moving to apologize but instead is met with an unimpressed stare from Zayn. He nods and returns to his previous position.