N I N E

Louis Tomlinson

Louis has never been in an awkward situation, usually taking the easy route in every obstacle. He did not expect his Wednesday afternoon to consist of an annoyed Zayn and an arrogant personified sun. His lips are parted with pure admiration for the boy that randomly landed onto the grass beside Zayn.

With a "You're good at this, mind helping a man out" and a shove of a sketchpad and yellow sharpie into Zayn's hands. His panicked eyes land onto the yellow inked writing tool, a grimace pulling at his face.

"What are you doing" Zayn drips with attitude, dropping the supplies into the boy's lap, his hair resembling a sunflower. Louis watches the exchange intently, a large smile brightening his face instantly.

"Do you not remember me?" The boy squints, offended.

"It's me, Niall, you broke my yellow crayon when I threw it at you" Niall lifts his hand to pat the top of Zayn's head, Louis catches the black nail polish that shines against the sun's rays. His eyes widen,

"Niall!" He shouts.

"You called?" Niall turns to face Louis, bringing his legs closer to himself. His hands grip onto the yellow skinny jeans that wrap around his legs.

"You're Niall!" Louis points at the blue eyed boy, leaning onto his hands to gape at the shining metal that pokes out from under and over his right eyebrow.

"Zayn doesn't like you because you wear too much yellow" Louis brings easy conversation, shifting forward and sitting onto the back of his calf's. He takes Niall's hands and slides his finger tips over the smooth black of his nails.

"Louis you don't say that" Zayn whispers, face flushed with red, he waits for Niall's reaction. Louis doesn't apologize, simply looks up at Zayn from underneath his lashes innocently.

"I like yellow" Niall responds, a smile lifting his top lip, a bright set of teeth exposed. Louis' knees would buckle if he were standing. Louis lifts his eyes to stare at the black and white striped shirt that covers Niall's torso.

"I like green" Louis responds happily. Niall nods along as if it were the most interesting idea in the world. Zayn sighs and drop his head into his hands. Niall turns to look at Zayn,

"So will you help? I'll repay you" Niall doesn't bother pulling his hands from Louis' grasp.

"What is it that you need help with" Zayn sighs exaggeratedly.

"I can't draw realistically, and I know you can't paint if your life depended on it" Niall tilts his head to the side, mocking Zayn with his eyes. Louis busies himself with the color on Niall's fingers.

"You've told me many times, my painting skills are sh-" Zayn glances at Louis,

"Bad" Zayn continues.

"Yes, and I hope you have considered the thought" Niall nods, staring back down at Louis curiously.

"Don't insult my skills when you make a human's eye resemble a women's genitals" Zayn whispers, brows furrowing. Niall let's his mouth fall open, hand retracting to land on his chest.

"Do not talk so carelessly about a women's genitalia" Niall huffs, and stands onto his feet. Louis looks up from his seat on the ground, already longing for Niall's pale hands.