THREE

Three weeks has passed since that mission. Three weeks has been spent on preparing for the bombs. Three weeks has past and everyone has finally calmed down. Three weeks has passed since I've said his name.

Three weeks have passed since I've seen Green-eyes.

"I still can't believe it. I never would have thought that he would have been there." Louis says, not for the first time. It was breakfast time and we were sitting with Niall, who has been paler now a days, and Zayn, whose dark brown eyes were now always alert.

"No one can." Niall says as he stuffed bacon into his mouth.

"Payne and I saw him. He was on one of the cameras for at least ten seconds." Louis said his tone still grave. "We saw him but we both thought it was impossible. We thought it was someone who just looked like him." He shook his head "We didn't even notice that he had gone into the same house you had until it was too late."

I stuffed more food into my mouth. Tried to swallow it. Drank it down with some water and tried not to make a face. It wasn't that the food tasted bad, it was actually the best thing I have tasted in a long while, but my appetite hasn't been the same since that mission.

I was angry, at who specifically, I wasn't sure. I wasn't angry at myself since I don't believe that I did anything wrong, and I don't blame anyone at all for not noticing Green-eyes. All they saw was four soldiers on camera who were close as hell to where I was on the map. If I was the one watching I would never have looked anywhere else either.

"I don't care about that, though I really wished you killed him, I'm worried about that bombing you were talking about." Zayn says and we all go silent at the mention of the looming threat.

"I think they postponed that." A voice popped in. I turn in my seat to look at the owner of the familiar voice, Liam. He was eighteen, just one year older than I am, though still taller and a bit wider, and he was the spitting image of his father: Payne. Same brown eyes and brown hair—although his was short cropped, and the same lean muscular body.

I can't stop my heart from jumping every time I see him.

"What makes you think so?" I ask, surprised that my voice was steady.

Liam slides into the seat next to me and it takes all my strength not to run away or to move too close.

"I've been up all night since that mission," he pushes his glasses higher up the bridge of his nose "and the situation has gotten worse." He says and every one of us froze.

My heart stopped. I can't even begin to understand what he just said. "Worse? Worse how?" Louis says. He seemed to be the first one to recover from the shock.

"You haven't been allowed in the Security Rooms, have you, Louis?" he says and I see Louis nod. "It's gotten bad. More soldiers, a lot more. And they don't even look like they're looking just for us."

"How do you know?" I hear Niall ask.

"The soldiers appear during daytime now. Before, it was just a nighttime search, to keep the civilians out of the way. And they don't just search every corner of the streets now, they go home to home as well; breaking down doors and questioning the civilians." He says "They're looking for someone." Liam says and I drop my spoon.

Every pair of eyes at the table was now staring at me. "And remember how we thought it was weird that a member of The Royal Family was there that night?" They all nod "Well, now, he's there every single day."

Oh.

Oh God.

Green-eyes is looking for me.

_____________________

This chapter is short on purpose (because the next one is 20 pages long in MS Word lmao)
Goal for early update: 10 votes and 10 comments

Word count: 700 :(

VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE PLEASE LOVE.