NINETEEN

My stomach is threatening to empty itself. My knees are threatening to give out. My lungs want to explode. My heart wants to stop. My feet want me to run. My hands want me to fight.

My whole body wants me to do something but all I do is stand here, all dolled up and smiling, and I wonder how none of the three people I'm with can see the horror that's obviously swallowed up my eyes, or hear the tortured scream clawing up my throat.

"We should send the invitations now!" Harry's mother squeals.

"That we should. They're both groomed at the moment, so why not take the pictures now?" His father replies and my heart sinks.

Pictures? That last thing I want to do is have my picture taken with Harry at a time like this. Oh wait, that isn't the last thing, because having my picture taken isn't even in the list of the things I'd like to do.

Then his mother starts bouncing on the balls of her feet "Oh! I got another idea!" Her voice was squeaky "How about we introduce her to everyone during the Harvest? I mean, it is coming up, isn't it?"

Bad idea. Bad idea. Bad idea. Really bad idea.

"That's sounds excellent." Harry replies and I want to shake him and slap some sense into him. "But could we get a moment of privacy, please, mother?" he adds and his mom hurriedly, but still affectionately, pushed her husband across the room and out. She gives me a smile before stepping out of the room and closing the door behind her.

"Have you gone mad?" I shout. My smile is gone and my voice echoes around the room. I step away from him and detach my hand from his. "I am not pregnant with your child! I don't plan on getting married either!"

"Jade, please, trust me. It's part of my plan." He says and he takes a step closer to remove the distance I've set. His arms snake around me and says "Not that I'm not pleased that I can say you will be my wife."

I try to yank off his arms only to fail, so I glare at him instead. "Go choke down poison. I'm not calling you my husband." I say, though being married to a man as handsome as Harry hardly seems like something I should be mad about. But I am. For one reason.

And that reason's name is Liam.

I do love Harry, at least I think I do, but he isn't the only one who owns my heart, at least I think he isn't.

He chuckles and he leans his forehead on mine. "Of course, you're not going to call me your husband. For now it's remains as fiancé." He says and I feel his breath hit my face.

"Rot in hell." I say for lack of words.

He smiles. "I'll see you there." And he pulls away, retracting his arms.

I fold my arms over my chest, looking pissed. Even though inside I'm panicking like hell.

"What's your plan?" I ask, my voice is strong. It's been a while since I've been able to stand up for something and not just be a whimpering girl.

He raises an eyebrow "What's the Resistance's plan?" he says and my arms almost go limp but I keep them crossed over my chest.

"They plan to kill you guys and take over. Wasn't that obvious?" I say only stating what he already knows. It's not like that was top secret.

He chuckles and I try not to listen to that beautiful sound. "You have infected me with the habit of asking the wrong questions." He wipes away his smile before speaking again. "I meant to ask what your director, Payne, has planned? He is the leader, correct? And Liam's father?" I nod to the last two questions but I didn't answer the first.