FOUR

I recognize those brown eyes. I've seen them before. I've seen them a long time ago. I know that girl.

But she does not know me.

She does not know that I recognize her. She does not know that I've seen her once in the past. She does not know of the dozens of sleepless nights that she caused me. She does not know that she had destroyed me. She does not know that I exist.

Until that night. It was painful, but the pain was definitely worth it. I got to observe her in almost the same situation that I saw her before. I didn't know what I expected, but definitely not kindness. She healed her own enemy. She gave life to the opposite force. It was idiotic and I hate idiotic people, but she was something different.

I have to have her.

Before I know what I'm doing, I feel my feet carrying me towards the Security Rooms. My eyes steady and my nose flaring. My hands are in fists and I don't even know how I got here.

"Jade! Jade, listen to me!" I hear Liam shout and he tries to keep up with me. "My Dad will not let you in there!" I don't even care that his soft brown eyes are begging me to stop.

I'm in front of the steel doors. Other people who see me are jumping out of the way but they still stare. They stare at Liam trying to keep up. They stare at me. They stare at everything that's happening around me.

"Jade, please—"

"PAYNE!" I shout as loud as I can and bang at the steel doors, everyone flinches, "PAYNE! LET ME IN, NOW! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!" I scream but the doors remain shut.

I flare even more. I've been in the center of a nation-wide manhunt and I only found that out now. I'm not going to be kept in the dark. I will not endanger anyone here by staying. I will not remain still and do nothing. I will not hold myself back from biting Payne's throat off.

I bang at the door again "I WILL KILL YOU!" I shout and everyone around me flinches once more. I wonder what they see right now. A monster? An angry teenage girl? A crazed person? I will never know.

I breathe in, still as mad as ever. I'm trying to be polite here, I'm trying to follow the rules, but this has taken it too far.

I breathe again, and my skin feels like it's moving and shifting but not in a bad way. And I step forward through the steel doors.

I immediately see Payne's face: pale, worried, and frightened. "I'm going to shred you into pieces!" I shout and I throw myself at him. Several bodies push me backwards all at once but I still struggle. I push my entire body weight and do all I can to reach Payne. I will slaughter him for this.

"Calm down, Jade." He says.

"Calm down?! Calm down?! I've practically had a million dollar price on my head for three weeks and no one informed me? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN?!" I try to kick the people who had pinned me to the wall but they're too strong and I can't even move my arms. I'm practically foaming in the mouth to get to Payne.

"Somebody bring Louis in here" Payne says calmly but his face is still pale. I see two people stand from the table and walk out the door. "Let go of me!" I shout directing my anger to anyone now. I spot familiar faces in the number of men holding me away from Payne, but they're only the people I've seen passed by the corridors. I don't really know them.

And they don't really know me.

They remain in place and I just kick and kick and kick. I throw words and death threats at Payne's way but he seems to be ignoring me. He just stands there, staring at the doors as if willing it to open immediately.