TEN

The goal was reached that's why im updating today!
_____________________

I tackle Green-eyes and since he was unprepared he goes down to the ground. I don't care if I die. I probably deserve it. This woman was the fifth person to die because of me. I deserve it. I deserve to die.

All my life I had thought I was good. I was only fooling myself with that "I don't kill" thing. I may not kill but I've been getting a lot of people killed. This is bad. I don't want to exist if I only cause people to die.

Soldiers are too confused to move. Wes was smart enough to stay invisible. Green-eyes is way too shocked to fight back. So I sit on top of him, punching him in every place I could reach before grabbing on to his throat and strangling him.

I keep swearing as my hands tighten around his neck-though admittedly I'm doing next to no damage. But I can't help it. That woman definitely did not deserve to go down that way. Not for me. Not for a girl she just met.

But even as I strangled this monster he lifts up his hand and smiles at me, his voice was breathy as if he couldn't believe I was here. "I knew you'd come to me." And I go bonkers at the realization. He didn't shoot the old woman out of anger and frustration.

He shot her because he knew it would make me come out.

He used her.

He killed her just for a tool in his plan.

My anger boils up and I slap him so hard even my hard stung but before I could do any further damage I had to pull myself away from him before the soldiers could move and I run as fast as I can out the door, hoping that Wes would follow.

He does because after I turn around one street I feel a hand clutch mine and I can't see myself anymore.
"That was the stupidest thing you've ever done, Jade." Wes says as we continue dashing through this town, the morning sun was just peeking through the gray sky. Before I can defend myself he adds "And now I'm proud to be your little brother."

I smile "Thanks." We slow down to a jog as we talk "Who knows, maybe someday you get to strangle a psychopath as well." I joke.
"That would be the best day of my life." He says and we see a few civilians crawl out of their houses.
"Okay, no talking." I say and we start to run again.

"We're almost there. Just one more sector." I hear Wes say and I can't say I'm as glad as he is. I know I'm happy to be back but Wes hasn't been here for more than a month, he must think he's going to heaven or something.

I look around, I'm familiar with this sector now. I now some shortcuts that could help us get to base faster. But something bothers me. It's in the middle of the afternoon and we've past several towns...how come the soldiers aren't chasing us anymore?

I shrug off the question and dash through this town. Just one more sector. One more. One more. And we'll be safe.

"I wonder why the soldiers aren't coming after us" Wes says voicing out the question that I'm trying to shake off.

"Forget them, we have to get back to base." I say almost to quickly for it to sound confident but Wes still goes quiet and that's good enough for me.

I take us on a shortcut that Louis had once thought me when we went to "buy" some footwear. It was an old alley, completely and utterly deserted.