ELEVEN

Green-eyes has powers. Green eyes-has three powers. Green-eyes is like us. Green-eyes is more powerful than us. We are done for. There’s no hope. No hope. No hope. No hope at all.

“No.” I shake my head, refusing with all my might to believe it. “No. that isn’t true.” I say over and over again like a broken record.

“Don’t worry, Jade that is just a theory.” Payne says and everyone is silent. We’re all thinking of the same thing: a theory that makes everything make sense.

I let out a sigh “What kind of powers are we talking about?” I say after the silence swallowed us.

“I’m not sure but I think he can move faster than anyone.” Payne says and I think back to those times when I didn’t even see him move. I nod, telling them that it seems very possible.

“And?” I say trying to hide the pain this causes me.

“He can heal himself, maybe even others but for now I think we shouldn’t jump to conclusions.”

“How do you know he can heal himself?” I hear Louis say and I have to admit I’m confused as well.

“Well, first of all it was when you first shot him. The next day after that he seemed perfectly well.” I think back to that day. I remember seeing a lot of blood dripping from his leg as I dragged him but when I had checked his leg it didn’t seem possible for that much blood to drip from the wound I saw. He had already started healing himself.

I curse myself silently for the fact that I didn’t notice that.

“And then when you said that you stabbed him. You said that after that, you saw him well enough to fire a gun. The recoil of a gun is not a joke, if his arm was weakened it seems odd that he was able to kill without hardships.” Payne says.

He’s right, it didn’t occur to me as odd. I just thought they had some fancy medicine of some sort. “And lastly when you said you attacked him at the old woman’s house. You said you kept on punching him, right?” I nod. “and you said you barely did any damage, correct?” I nod again.

“Jade, I know how strong you are. When you punch, you punch hard.” Payne continues as if it was just me and him in the room and no one else was being terrified of the fact that our enemy is a lot more stronger than we thought.

“You said you punched one of the soldiers and bruised him.” I hear Louis say and suddenly I was struck by that memory. Yes, I definitely hurt that soldier. Why wasn’t Green-eyes hurt?

“So he has healing powers.” I say confirming it. Unlike the first one, there was no denying that Green-eyes really does have this power.

“Yes. But if he is aware of it or not, we don’t know.” Payne says and before I could ask him what the third one is, a bell rings.

“Training hours have started. Liam, Louis,” he nods at the two boys “bring Wes with you and start training. Jade, go with Sarah and get those wounds checked out.” Payne says and I was just about to argue when Sarah throws me a glare.

I sigh and the five of us head outside the room. “What’s Styles’s third power?” I ask Liam as we walk down the halls.

I can see his jaw tighten before saying “Telekinesis. When he made those glasses shatter.”

My mouth flies open but I felt relieved, this one, at least, I can disprove. But before I can say another word Sarah pulls me into another hallway as the three of them head for the training rooms.

“Is it really odd for one person to have three powers?” Sarah asks and I nod.

“It is. But Styles only has two. A person with three is yet to exist.” I reply. Somewhat feeling a bit better.
Sarah looks at me before saying “Fredrick said he had three.” I shake my head.