THIRTEEN

Mine. She is mine. She was always mine. She will remain mine. Forever. She belongs to me. No one else can have her. No one else deserves her. Only I do.

I have her now. It hurts that she does not want me, but that will change. Soon she'll forget about those that truly do not matter. Soon she shall only think of me, as I with her. Soon she'll realize that I am the only person that understands her. The only person who has the right to be with her.

Soon, she shall choose me.

I squirm under him. "Dream on. I am not yours and I will never be yours." I hiss at Green-eyes and he pulls up from my neck to look at me.

"Then tell me how you feel whenever I'm this close." He says, his smile is gone and his eyes half-closed.

Honestly, I'm repulsed, attracted and scared at the same time when he's this close. Of course, I was careful to only tell him the first one. "I feel like I'm going to throw up." I say.

As he leans in to do who knows what, my mind gradually began to clear up; my rationality coming back. I use my power to go through my bed. I roll sideways to get out from under it, and jump up into a standing position.

Glaring at Green-eyes who was now lying down on my bed.

"I hope you get used as a target dummy." I hiss at him and he smiles at me.

"You didn't seem to hate me so much when you clung on to me for dear life, last night, love." He looks me in the eye.

I look away, ashamed of my moment of weakness but the truth is I couldn't be any happier with last night. Liam had told me he wanted to protect me. It's not much but at least it's a sign that he somehow likes me. And that, that alone, was the sole happy moment of last night. The rest, I filed into the back of my mind with the other horrible memories.

"It didn't mean anything." I say and I walk over to my closet garbed the white shirt and light blue pants. I ignore him until I get to the door.

That's when I remember that this monster will now have to wear our uniforms as well.

"You can get your uniform in the G room." I say over my shoulder.

"I have no idea where that is or what you're speaking of." He responds and I take a deep breath. I will go through this like I usually do when I'm tasked to handle the new ones.

I hold out my uniform. "This is the special uniform for those at the Resistance who possesses an active DNA. It was invented by Payne during the early days of this base. It is made to allow us easy and comfortable use of our powers during training. Uniforms must be worn all throughout the day when you're inside the base."

I don't look at him even once throughout that whole explanation. I look at the door when I start to explain again "This base is underground and has several long tunnels that roll around. If you do not know your way around there are surely members here and there to help you find your destination. For now, you need to go to the G room which is on one of the lowest floors. Run down the stairs until you reach Basement Five. Pass two tunnels going forward, and go through the next tunnel on your right. The G room would be at the end of that corridor."

Once I finished I swing open the door, hoping to leave without another word.

"And where are you going?" He calls after me.

"To the showers. You better get going, Styles. We only got fifteen more minutes before breakfast, and trust me when I say this is going to be hell for you." I smile at him, the kind of smile that would prove that I should be in an asylum.