Chapter nineteen

Well everyone, here's a new chapter.

Enjoy! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan's P. O. V.

To say I was worried about the meeting after school is an understatement of a lifetime. I was practically a nervous wreck.

My palms were sweating, causing me to occasionally wipe them onto my jeans, only for them to perspire in less than a minute. I feared that, by the end of the day, my jeans would be soaked through.

I also had trouble concentrating on the remaining lectures given by my teachers during the schools last few periods. I felt a bit guilty because of that and hoped that it wouldn't end up bitting me in the ass later on in the near future.

However, I threw away those pointless concerns for another day and instead began to wonder how Aiden was handling all this.

I knew without a doubt that he must be in worse a shape than me by far, as he has more to be anxious about; the biggest worry being his father potentially finding out that he's gay, and if that happened... I don't even want to think about what he will try to do to Aiden.

Unfortunately, if Aiden's father did try anything and did end up hurting Aiden, even if it's just a scratch, then I will no doubt go to jail on account of murder.

As I thought this, my resolve to go through with such an act did not waver in the slightest. I fully had the intention to carry out such a deed if need be, and no one, not even Aiden himself, will be able to stop me when and if that time ever comes.

It was at this moment when the bell signaling the end of the school day sounded off, startling me.

My hands unconsciously clenched into tightly fisted balls as I furrowed my brows, my nervousness intensifying by twofold. Trying to relax my tense muscles, I slowly packed up my things and reluctantly got up and headed for the principals office.

Along the way I met up with Aiden, who was as white as a sheet of paper, and had a sickly gleam to his skin. Sweat was gathered above his brow, and his eyes were filled with panic and resignation, as if he had already given up on keeping him being gay a secret from his parents.

My lips pressed into a thin line when I took in his appearance, and a sense of helplessness filled me.

I so badly wanted to tell Aiden that it will be alright, that his secret won't be put out in the open, and that everything won't fall apart after today.

However, I knew that if I did that, then I would only be giving him false hope, and the guilt I would feel when that hope comes crashing down would leave me too ashamed to face Aiden head on.

So, for now, I could only do my best to soothe Aiden's raging emotions as we neared the principles office.

"Just go right on in, everyone else is in there already," Linda's secretary, who's name I can't remember for the life of me, said with a small grimace. A pitying look could be seen in her eyes as she gazed at us. It was obvious she had heard about what happened

I bit my lip hard enough for me to taste blood as I held myself back from saying something I may not come to regret to her, repeatedly reminding myself that she doesn't know how serious this situation truly is.

Directing my attention to the door in front of us instead, I could vaguely hear muffled voices from the other side. One voice in particular was unfamiliar. I concentrated hard, trying to pick up on what the voices were saying, but the thick door prevented me from hearing anything.