Chapter Twenty-six

NSDHOVAHIUSBKJBGJKNPSJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG guys, I could not, for the life of me, remember what Aiden's mom's name was. I'm so dead. I searched every chapter before this one twice and could not find a single hint to what her name may be. FML.

Soooooo, I made up a new one! However, if ya'll happen to remember what her name was, or something, then plssss tell me and I will hurry and edit her name in the chapter to the correct one.

Anyways, new chapter, yay!!!!! \o/

*sweats* Why is it so hard to write nowadays. :v

P.S. Sorry I couldn't post it last week, too much going on, but at least I managed to post it this week instead, and not a month from now or something, lol. *cries* ;-;

Whelp, enjoy the chapter! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan's P. O. V.

The faucet handle creaked as I slowly twisted it right into the off position, my hand slipping lightly off once it reached its destination, unhindered by the slick surface of the knob. The rain of water from above me which poured down onto my naked body in a warm bath sputtered to a reluctant stop, and soon only the drip of remnant water could be heard splashing onto the tiled bathroom floor at my feet. It echoed in a constant low beat, steady and calming to the mind.

I stood there for a good minute, staring vacantly down at the drain as the water flushed down it in small rivers, gently brushing along my feet in a seemingly unceasing current as it made its way towards the drain. The swirling sound of the clearing water coaxed me into a trance, like a sweet children's lullaby sung from a mother's mouth. My eyes clouded over as I surrendered to the sound, and soon the noises around me seemed to grow distant, as if they were coming to me from a far off place as I drifted off into an endless void.

I felt like I was floating, and if I were to glance around me, I would find myself in a sea of white, fluffy clouds. It was a relaxing feeling, one that soothed me and settled my nerves.

I felt like I could go on like this forever.

And then, just like that, the sensation was gone.

I blinked back into reality and ran a hand slowly through my soaked hair, the soft texture of my locks tickling the palm of my hand as I wringed out some of the excess water from it and took a deep breath, then released it gradually as I furrowed my brows thoughtfully.

Throughout the day I've had the same unpleasant feeling nagging at me, causing my chest to become tight and uncomfortable, as if something was stuck there, blocking my airways, preventing me from breathing properly. I despised this feeling very much, but I had no references at to what was causing me to feel this way. I even took some medicine in order to get rid of this nuisance, but it did no good to lessen the feeling. Which only led me to believe that it was not caused by my body itself.

Due to this, I began to worry. I wondered if this feeling was a prequel to upcoming events, as if, for some reason, a storm was coming. Like a hurricane was approaching, one that strived to rip trees from the ground and leave behind destruction in its wake. My thoughts couldn't help but to zoom in on the possible reason for this feeling being Aiden.

So far, anything and everything that could cause me to feel this way pertained to him, but this was just assumptions on my part. Unfortunately, I had no way of actually confirming this notion of mine.

I could neither contact Aiden casually, as that phone I gave him was only for emergencies, and I would rather not put Aiden at risk by calling or messaging him; and it would not be wise of me to just go visit his home, as his father would no doubt be there and start something at the mere sight of me. In fact, the latter would be the worst option I could choose, as his father could potentially cause harm to either me or Aiden, which was something I feared for the most.