Chapter four

Its been so long, but here's a new chapter. Thanks for all your patience!

Picture of Mia to the >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiden's P. O. V

"See you tomorrow Aiden," Kyle called out to me as he headed over to his car, Zack following closely behind, nodding his head in a silent goodbye as he passed me.

"Bye," I replied with a kind smile and he beamed my way.

I shook my head in amusement, still bewildered that Kyle had so easily accepted me and forgiven me for all my wrong doings. Maybe it's just in his nature to forgive and forget, to put the bad things behind where it belonged. Either way I was grateful, because I don't know what I would have done if there was no one in my life to keep me company. Even Zack's come around and we've become close buddies.

I then turned my attention to the person behind me who's been lingering in the background, hoping not to get noticed. "Nathan, do you need a ride home?" I offered and silently wished that he would say yes, even when I knew it was a lost cause.

His eyes snapped sharply my way, making me flinch from the intensity in them. "No, I'm fine, my parents are already on the way here to come pick me up," he said, "but thanks for asking," he added reluctantly. It seemed he only said the last part out of pure courtesy, but nonetheless it made me happy that he had even bothered to do that.

"Oh, well, if you ever need a ride, don't hesitate to ask," I said, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice from his rejection.

It's to be expected, I reminded myself. He does still hate you. The thought saddened me greatly.

"Right," he said stiffly, his eyes full of suspicion, "I'll remember to do that next time."

I pursed my lips together, not knowing what else to say to him at the moment. "Well, goodbye," I said at last and walked away, feeling his probing gaze on me the whole way to my car.

His reactions didn't surprise me; I had known it was going to be like this from the moment we reunited after so long. And I knew he would continue to act that way until I could gain his forgiveness.

He loathed me, hated my guts from what I can tell, and that's not going to change any time soon. All he's doing right now is assessing the best course of revenge to take on me.

He didn't know what to do to me, or how to act around me because I was not what he had expected. He probably thought I would be the same bully I used to be not too long ago, and had prepared himself to deal with that person. However, I was no longer like that. I had renounced those ways and had basically come out of the closet myself; I was like another person entirely. So here he was, at a loss of what to do. He needed a new plan, and he needed the time to think it up.

It was better for me anyways, the longer he took, it only meant more time to prove myself worthy of being forgiven. So I didn't mind his speculation and constant observations of me as if he was expecting me to revert to my old self at any time.

In fact, instead of being annoyed by it like most would, I was enjoying the attention from him. Granted I didn't like the feeling of anticipation that came with it, of not knowing when the revenge would occur, this waiting game, but it wasn't something I couldn't handle. If I couldn't take being burned, then I shouldn't have played with fire from the start. It's only fair, right?