Chapter Twenty-seven

Whoohoo, finished this chapter a whole week earlier than I thought I would. Lucky me! :3

Whelp, hope you all enjoy it very much!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan's P.O.V.

The first thing my eyes perceived after seeing Caitlyn's screaming form, was Aiden's father, whose back was facing me. His hair was devilish, locks sticking up in all directions, as if he had run his fingers wildly through his hair with no care for proper appearance. His clothes were messy as well, and a strong fragrance of alcohol wafted from him, causing my nose to scrunch up in disgust. An invisible pressure seemed to emit from him, that I hadn't felt earlier. It was full of anger and hate. It felt heavy and weighed down the air around me, suffocating me. 

As my eyes traveled past Aiden's father, they locked onto Aiden. It was at this moment when the temperature dropped and everything seemed to freeze around me. My eyes widened with shock and my mouth parted as the air in my lungs rushed out of me in one fell swoop.

Aiden was pressed up against the wall, body slightly raised off the ground by the hands that gripped at his throat; the tips of his shoes barely brushed against the floor as he struggled, kicking them in an attempt to escape his father's grasp. Even hitting his father seemed to do no good in causing him to loosen his grip on Aiden. It was as if his father felt no pain.

Aiden's body convulsed continuously as he frantically tried to suck in air, but the hands that wrung tightly around his neck prevented him from doing so. Two trails of tears stained a path down his cheeks, and his mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.

His hands that were latched onto the arms of his father, nails digging deeply into his skin, drawing blood, seemed to weaken in its grip as the energy to fight drained quickly from Aiden. It seemed as if it was only a matter of time before he succumbed, the shadow of death practically knocking on his door.

My breath halted in my throat as Aiden's eyes pleaded for his father to stop, pleaded for help, and pleaded to live to see another day. A deep rage filled me to the brim when I saw this, causing my body to shake uncontrollably and the world around me to turn red as it felt like I was about to snap under the pressure of my intense emotions. My blood began to boil, and a ringing formed in my ear, like white noise from a T.V., as all other sounds around me seemed to dull down. Even his mother's desperate cries felt drowned out and nearly nonexistent, compared to this high-pitched wail that echoed within my mind.

My heart thumped loudly against my chest, increasing in intensity as the seconds flew by and the longer I remained frozen by this sight.

As I stared unblinking at Aiden's face, which bulged and turned bright red under the force exerted upon him from his father chokehold; and as I watched as his expression filtered from one of pain, then to sorrow mixed with anger, and then to a resignation of fate, as if he had come to accept the fact that he was going to die, something inside me seemed to finally snap and the reality of the situation in which I found myself in, came crashing into me, nearly knocking me flat on my back.

All of a sudden, the yells of Caitlyn blared in the background, almost painfully so, as it was no longer the whisper I heard it as earlier; and the deranged blabber coming out of Aiden's father's mouth became tangible, accompanied by the sound of Aiden's final wheezing gasps for life, hit me hard.

My own mouth opened as a deafening roar erupted from me, bellowing out from deep within my chest. A releasement of the pent up rage and tension that had accumulated within me.

"Let him go!" I yelled as I rushed forward.

My arm reached out and I snatched up the first solid form of weapon I could find, which turned out to be a picture of Aiden with his mother and father beside him incased in a wooden frame, from on top of the dresser by the door. My hand tightly gripped onto the cool object as I flung my arm down forcefully, my aim directed at the back of Mr. White's head.