Chapter twenty-four

Hey everyone, here's the new chapter. :D

I hope you all enjoy it very much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiden's P. O. V.

It was the end of the school day, and the weekend starts tomorrow.

I can't even say I was excited, as my father had already informed me that I would not be stepping one foot outside. And if I did, there would be sever consequences.

I was afraid to find out what he meant by the 'sever' part.

Although I had an idea already about what he would possibly do, I just didn't want to speculate all sorts of crazy outcomes at the moment, just in case I'm either right, or completely wrong.

I did tend to have a wild imagination.

However, putting all that aside, I at least had one thing to look forward to for the weekend, and that was being able to call Nathan.

Of course, I had to make sure that my father wasn't around for it.

Or my mother...

I cleared my thoughts of her, as thinking of her caused me to be unsure, as well as have great sadness for the fact that not only is she completely ignorant of what's going on with me, but also my father as well.

It really would make one feel bad for her, as she's going to be caused much suffering once she finds everything out.

The thought of it made my stomach clench with unease and anticipation to course through me.

The future did not look very bright for me.

Shaking my head of such negativity, I looked at the time and realized that it was almost time for my father to come pick me up.

Shutting off the library computer, I got up and made my way over to the parking lot to wait for my father. However, I unexpectedly got stopped along the way by our principle, Linda.

She spotted me out in the main hall as I headed towards the parking lot, she herself leaving for the day, and stopped me to chat.

"How have you been lately Aiden?" She asked, concern in her eyes.

She more or less knew of my situation, so I wasn't all that surprised by the deeper meaning to her question.

"I'm holding up," I said vaguely.

She gave me a somewhat disbelieving look, obviously not believing my words all that much, but that's to be expected.

I wasn't planning on telling her the whole truth of my situation, because it would only make things worse off for me.

"Alright," she then said dismissively, much to my relief, but her eyes held the desire to know more, and I'm sure this won't be the last time she brings this up. "Moving on. Jake will be coming back next week," she mentioned offhandedly.

I raised a brow in her direction. "I know, what about it?" I questioned.

"Well, since you do know, then that means you won't deliberately cause any trouble with him when he's back, or, at least keep it to a minimum. I do not want to have to keep calling you guys into my office all the time," Linda responded with a raised warning of a brow.

"Trust me, he's the last person I want to deal with anymore. I'm staying as far away from that asshole as possible. He's already caused me enough problems," I grumbled.

"But of course, if he were to start something again, then that's a different story. It'd be best if you warn him to stay away from me as well," I added with a sidelong glance her way.