Birthday Party

Author's note:

This chapter is dedicated to iamnotasmartguy and raadiya01. Big thanks to both of you.

Flashback

Takeshi watched her back until it disappeared from his sight and turned on his heels to his room.

What was this? they thought at the same moment.

___________________________________________________________________________________

3rd POV

Classical music was being played, the walls were decorated with glittering auburn cloth. Three diamond chandeliers hung in a perfect a row on the ceiling. Portraits of the royal family were hung on the walls. Long satin, velvet and silk dresses and suits were worn by the nobles, aristocrats and other important figures, invited to the party, each dress more beautiful than the other. People were chatting, laughing and socializing with each other. Today was a special day, the 19th birthday of Princess Hayami.

King Masayoshi and Queen Yumira were talking about business or the expansion of the kingdom's land with other governors. A butler came and whispered in the king's ear, " The princess is ready, your majesty." the king simply nodded and cleared his throat to get the attention of his guests. Silence reigned over the room.

" I welcome everyone of you, my guests, to the birthday party of my dear daughter, Hayami. She is my treasure since she was born and I've never missed any important events in her life. I have seen her grow into a young lady full of determination and kindness. She may sometimes be stubborn and impatient but still I really love her and I will always cherish her, so please for now let's welcome my dear child." the king announced with a big smile plastered on his face. The guests clapped their hands.

Hayami climbed down the stairs. Her hair was tied in a lace braided bun . She was wearing a silky off-shoulders shimmering purple lilac dress with a silvery-colored waistband, accompanied by a pair of silvery strappy stilettos. A chain with a diamond in the form of a teardrop and a diamond bracelet. An elven circlet with a gem in the middle, rested on her head and a pair of diamond earings.

As soon as got down, she kissed her father's cheek and mumbled a 'thank you' . She was soon crowded by guests congratulating her. She thanked them and started light conversation with them and the atmosphere returned to its initial form. In a corner of the room, Takeshi was looking after Hayami.

" Hayami , there is someone that you need to meet. " the king said.

"ok "

She excused herself as she was talking to a group of girl about dress and shoes. She thanked god that her father came to her as it was really boring.

:< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :<:< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :<

Takeshi was sipping his champagne when a group of girl flocked around him and wooed him. He tried to shoo them away but impossible.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

" Hayami, meet Governor Sian Woo chief of the fire clan and his son Kai. " Masayoshi presented.

" Nice to meet you , Governor Sian Woo , Kai ." she greeted

" Your pleasure is mine, your highness and happy birthday ." Kai bowed and kissed Hayami's hand.

A small blush crept on her cheeks. Kai smirked at her reaction.

" Well I wish that you two will get accommodate to each other and you better be because your union will be soon." king Masayoshi .

" Sorry father, I think I misheard, did you say union?"