Unknown enemies

Hayami and Kai were strolling in the garden while Takeshi was training with the other guards. Kai picked a crimson red rose from a bush and handed it to Hayami, who blushed as she received it.

"This red rose cannot be compared to your beauty. Your scent is far more flowery and sweet than any other flower in this magnificent garden." Kai complimented. "Thank you Kai, but now I think you can stop your sweet talking." Hayami sighed, but secretly delighted at his comment.

" No princess, I'm not sweet talking, it's pure honesty and you can trust me because there is not a speck of lie in my words." Kai said.

At the same moment, Hayami pricked her finger with the thorns of the rose. Blood started to leak out of her long finger, Kai seized this opportunity, he took her hand and sucked on her finger. Kai may be the heir of the fire clan but he was also a guy. His eyes darkened and clouded with lust as he sucked harder on her finger, earning small moans from Hayami. That was when Kai's remaining sanity just vanished.

Kai pushed Hayami and pinned her to the ground. He trapped her by placing each hands on both sides of Hayami's head. He was atop of Hayami, his face millimeters away from hers. Hayami noticed the change in his eyes and feared what was going to happen. She was going to be taken, right here, in this garden, by someone she didn't want to!

Kai nibbled on her earlobe and trailed wet kisses down her collarbone. He was going to kiss her fully on the lips but before he was able to do so, a sword struck deep into the soil just beside his head. Kai froze in shock and slowly turned to see who was the culprit.

He saw a man dressed in leather lamellar, hair tied in a knot, smiling a dangerous smile. " What's got into you? You nearly killed me !" Kai grumbled. " Sorry I'm becoming unskillful like the princess."Takeshi replied coolly as he scratched his head. " Ask your mother to teach you some manners because you really need to." Kai growled. " Is it me who need to learn some manners or you. If I'm not mistaken it was not me who was on top of her highness trying to rape-*cough* harass her." Takeshi replied with his now-famous death glare, feared by the court attendants and guards all over the palace.

Kai flushed and he stormed away. Takeshi stretched out a hand and helped Hayami to stand up. " Are you okay? Still a virgin? " Takeshi asked, trying to lighten the mood."I'm fine and yes I'm still virgin." Hayami gritted through her teeth due to his bold question.

" I'm off, I have horse riding training." Hayami finally broke the awkward silence. As she marched out of the garden, she couldn't help but feel a little guilt for just leaving him like that. But she was a princess, so she didn't go back for him.____________________________________________________________________________

A guy with short black hair jumped off a tree and tackled Takeshi to the ground. " You shouldn't let your guard down because at anytime people can attack you buddy." the man said. " Kidei, what are you doing here? " Takeshi asked as he got up. " I'm happy to see you after so long we have not seen each other too " Kidei replied. Kidei is the childhood friend of Takeshi, they grew up together but got separated when Takeshi joined the royal army. " Can't I come to see my friend ?" Kidei said. " There's another reason behind your visit, spit it out." Takeshi replied.

" Someone is plotting against the emperor." that caught Takeshi's attention. He questioned Kidei further " what do you mean?" . "Not here, let's go to a place more quiet.".Both Kidei and Takeshi went to the royal library. Takeshi knew that no one would come here to check. Academics in the library were more interested in their books and scrolls than them. Takeshi then repeated his question once again and waited for Kidei's reply "well......like I said before, people are planning the demise of the emperor."

"And why?" Takeshi inquired but got no response. he found Kidei examining the room in awe. Well, he was an outsider. The splendors of the palace were bound to be awesome to the commoner. " I don't know the reason but the only thing I know is that they are people who are close to him. Like really close."

" Kidei, could you please do something for me? " requested Takeshi. "Anything for you." Kidei replied with a flirty smirk. "Investigate about this matter and report all the information you get." Takeshi said in a thoughtful voice. "Understood Taki, please stop frowning ,you will get premature wrinkles." Kidei said as he withdrew into the shadows.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the emperor's private bath.......

" The first attempt of the Paksumites failed but I feared that they are planning to create a rebellion against us." the emperor said to his advisors.

" There are rumors that the Paksumites have started trading again and they are gaining more allies. The Salia States recently established a non-aggression pact with them. That automatically brings the Onotoths into the picture," the chief advisor, Todorachi, analysed. "Those two nations are weak. In the event of a war, the Fire Clan can just strike east and crush both of them. We'll capture their leaders, especially that sick bastard Theodoric. I'll let all of you take turns torturing him as he cries 'Mama, mama, save me!'" emperor Masayoshi replied as he sipped his glass of red wine. Imported from the Hegurians, the wine was almost as good as the armor and jewels the long-bearded men produced, but still much better than the trash they grew in Kaida.

They all burst out laughing about his statement and continued their previous activities.

Meanwhile.........

Kai stomped his foot and screamed in a fit of rage. "What is happening, son?" Sian woo asked his son. "This brat Takeshi is ruining our plan."he exclaimed. " I already know this so would you care to explain what happened that made you so upset." Sian Woo asked. "Well as you told me to do, I tried to break the bounding spell but this bastard threw his sword at me." he cried out in anger. To his surprise his father smacked him really hard on his head ."First you lower your voice, second you are a really stupid son. Couldn't you wait a little bit longer, at least you could have done it at night not in stark daylight where everyone could see you. I'm sure you frightened her. Gods, how can he be my son? " Sian Woo exclaimed looking at the sky.

*** Theodoric stood on the platform, looking out at his elite troops assembled in the parade square. The renowned Onototh pikemen stood at attention, their armor glittering under the blazing sun, and their sixteen-foot-long pikes forming a jungle of iron poles. Behind them, the Nomonarion Comitatenses, also at attention, their hands placed firmly on their round shields displaying the two-headed dragon. Their purple tunics added color to the dreary black contingents standing in front of them, while their shiny iron mail flashed around.

Turning to Emelrich, Theodoric said,"Good job. They're drilled almost as well as the Nomonarions now."

Turning to his brother-in-law, Eutropius, he said,"So then, which part of Kaida shall we strike first?"

Eutropius cracked, literally, an evil smile. "Let's not go too far yet. When the Adai are ready, we'll then pour in mass into the Fire Clan territory. They wouldn't know what hit them."

Theodoric nodded in agreement, trying to get his brother-in-law's artificially constructed face out of his mind. An accident when he was young made him wear a stone face to replace his old one. Hideous, at best. "Good."

To Emelrich, "Heard that? Get the troops ready. We're going sailing." 

Author's note

Sorry for not updating the past few weeks, I was busy with exams >.< 

Thanks to Iamnotasmartguy and Raadiya01.

please vote and comment.