VI

Standing in the crowded streets of the market, I stay close to Hazel as we make our way through the crowd. I am still wearing the same dress I wore yesterday. Hazel gave me one of her brown woolen cape with drawstrings to cover me up. It's short with a V-shape cut to it. I pull the hood closer to my face to hide it from anyone who wants me dead. Hazel stops in front of a stand and looks at different oats. Her brown linen cape brushes the dusty ground as she looks at the different oats. "Which oats do you like?" She asks me. I look at the baskets full of different oats.

"The rolled oats will be fine," I say low enough for her to hear.

"Can I have an ounce of the rolled oats." She orders the tall chunky man.

"Five silvers." He grunts. She takes out her brown pouch and hands him five silver coins. Putting the sackful of oats into her full woven basket, she signals me to follow her. Following her, I see where she's heading. I see the large green tent with hanging dresses outside to attract customers.

"You need some clothing." She says.

"I can make do with just one dress," I say, talking about my first dress...not the dress I am currently in. I cover myself more with the cape. Hazel stops and looks at me.

"There's no discussion about this. You're getting new dresses." She firmly states. I have no other choice but to agree. She smiles and pays my shoulder. She continues to walk into the shop. I notice she immediately goes to the white clothing. I stand and watch her grab dresses.

"Do you know what my size is?" I ask her.

"I can estimate." She responds, looking at my body with analytical eyes. I cover myself suddenly feeling self-conscious. She turns her attention back to the rack full of white dresses. I stand holding the heavy basket as her eyes flicked from me to different dresses.

A sudden wave of chills run through my body, shocking me. My head automatically snaps around, and I see the girl who sold me the magical items. Her thick black coat covers her face, but the ends of her blonde hair stick out. She just stands there in the busy crowd. "What's wrong?" I hear Hazel ask. Her hand touches my hand, and another wave of sensations run through me. I let the basket go and take a step back. I look at the crowd and notice she's not there anymore. "Ursula!" I hear Hazel shout.

"Who is she?" I hear Ulla ask. Breathing heavily, I feel my heart pounding a mile a minute. Hazel forces me to look at her. Her lips are moving, but nothing comes out. I try to escape her grip. The sensation is overwhelming. My body is trying to tell me something but I can't—I don't understand what. "Ursula, calm down." I hear Ulla say. I shake my head.

"I can't. What if he found us?" My vision starts to become blurry. Next thing I know, my vision becomes dark.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ursula." I hear someone softly say. "Wake up..." I slowly open my eyes. I see blue eyes filled with worry in it. Father? I can swear it's him—his blue eyes. I fully open my eyes, expecting to be in my room with white walls, my soft plush blue blanket, soft white pillows, my blue bookshelf on my right wall, and my white marble floor with a pastel blue rug. Instead, I see a dark room filled with brown decor.

"Is she alright?" I hear another voice say. I look at Hades' face. The corners of his lips are pulled down into a frown. His eyebrows scrunched up. It was Hades' blue eyes I saw, not my father's eyes. I feel the cotton blankets that cover me. I see his facial expression change as he sees me staring at him.

"Ursula!" He says, looking relieved. I turn around so that my back faces him.

"Can I be left alone for a moment," I say.