XVII

"Ursula? Ursula darling," I hear a sweet voice call. "It's time to wake up..." I open my eyes and see the bright blue sky filled with soft white fluffy clouds. I look to my side and see my mother smiling. "Ursula, why did you fall asleep?" She asks. I sit up and look around. I see myself in an all-white lace gown. I am sitting on a meadow filled with lovely pink and blue flowers.

"Has she awaken yet?" I hear my father ask. I look behind me and see my father in a white shirt with white pants. His blonde hair shines brightly in the warm sun. I look around, confused. This can't be happening? They're dead.

"Yes, our sleepyhead has awoken." My mother lovingly says.

"How are you guys here?" I ask them. My mother looks at me, confused.

"We took a carriage here..." She slowly says. I shake my head.

"No...you're dead," I state. "I saw you die in front of me," I say, getting up. My mother stands up too.

"You probably had a nightmare, sweetie." My mother softly says. What? I shake my head.

"No, I remember seeing Mason shoot you twice," I say. My mother grabs my arm softly.

"Mason?" She asks. "Who's that?" I'm speechless.

"Aunt Urania's boyfriend!" I explain.

My mother looks at my father. "Your Aunt isn't dating anyone." My father says. He puts his hand on my forehead.

"No, she's dating Mason, and he killed you all, and then I ran away. I lived on my own for my whole childhood. Then I met..." I gasp. "Where's Hazel and Hades?" I look around for them.

"Hazel?" My mother says, confused. "Hades? Honey, are you okay?" She sounds concern. I look at them. They look alive. Maybe that was all a dream. My mother hugs me. "We're alive. You were just dreaming, sweetie." My father hugs me too. I cry into their shoulders. I hold them tightly against me.

"I was so scared," I state. "I was so alone with only Ulla..." My father wipes away my tears.

"It was just a dream." He says. "You're fine now." I hug him tight. The smell of wood and fresh air calm me down. He pats my head lovingly.

"Come, your Aunt has the picnic set up." My mother says, smiling. Her blonde hair is loosely pulled back as she wears a white satin dress with a v-neckline and lace sleeves. We all walk together towards my aunt. I see her sitting down in a tight-fitting lace dress. She smiles and opens her arms wide.

"Ursula!" I rush to go and hug her. She smells just like a bakery. Her hair tickles my face. We pull apart, and I sit next to her. "How was that nap?" She asks me as she hands my mother a cucumber sandwich.

"I had a weird dream," I state. My father grabs a bowl full of strawberries.

"What was it about?" She asks. I open my mouth, but my mother beat me to it.

"She had a dream a boyfriend of yours killed all the unicorns, and she was the only one left." My mother holds me tight. The smell of vanilla comforts me. My aunt laughs.

"It's an abnormal dream." She sternly says. "There's no such thing as weird." I laugh and grab a strawberry from my father.

"You are always correct, Aunt Urania." I playfully say. She gives me a playful glare and eats blueberries.

"Where's Ulla?" I ask them.

"She's running around somewhere with the others." My aunt says. I pop a blueberry into my mouth and get up to stretch.

"I'll go look for her," I state, walking away.

"Come back quickly!" I hear my aunt shout after me. I give her a thumbs up. I look around and call Ulla.