XIII

I lay on the grey tiled floor in a place I don't even want to know where. My cheek is pressed against the cold floor as the little witch talks to the devil himself. Mason had a child? Who would have thought that evil man reproduced? I try to move my hands, but only to find out they are tied behind me. I struggle to get out of the ropes. Hearing footsteps, I stop. The thick green cape comes to my line of vision. I feel my body being lifted. I look up at her as her magic makes me sit up. "What are you going to do to me?" I ask her. "Kill me?"

She laughs. "That's master Jace's job." She answers. "Get up." She coldly commands. I struggle to stand up. "Faster."

"Without my hands, I can't," I respond. With a flick of her hand, the rope unties. I quickly get up. I rub my sore wrists.

"Follow me." She commands. I follow her through the dark palace. I look behind me to see large grey steel doors. The entrance—presumably—is split into two. On the left, there's a hallway leading to another room, and on the right, there's another hallway. A gran black staircase is smack in the middle of the room. I notice the lack of windows. The place gives off an eerie feeling. The stairs also split in two different directions. Climbing up the stairs, I look around. Pictures from the Roman Empire and Greek mythology fill the walls.

A large chandelier hangs slightly, illuminating the room. "Where are we going?" I ask the girl.

"Master Jace requests for you to stay at a room." She turns left abruptly. "You have to get ready for dinner..." She stops at the door.

"I'm never eating with the likes of him." I nastily state.

The girl twists her hand, and my lips shut together.
"Master Jace has shown you more mercy than you deserve." She angrily says. She opens the door and shoves me into it. I catch myself before I fall onto the floor.

I glare at the girl. "I didn't ask for mercy," I say between clenched teeth. The spell she had on me vanished, so I continued. "If it were up to me, I would have gotten over with it and killed me off."

"Careful Ursula. We don't know what she is." I hear Ulla cautiously say.

"No, I can care less about her. Or her master." I state, quite annoyed. I noticed how dark the room is.

"Dinner is at seven." With that said, the girl walks out without a reaction to my words. I shout with irritation. I kick the hideous orange rug that's placed under the large bed. I rush to one of the nightstands and open the rather small compartment. I search for anything to use as a false key. I was met with disappointment. Only blank papers and ink were there.

"There's nothing here to use," I state, panicking.

"Calm down, Ursula. You are getting worked up." Ulla calmly states. I run my fingers through my hair. Hades and Hazel must be worried sick about me.

"Calm down!" I shout. "Ulla, I'm forced to face the child of the man who killed all of the Unicorn population!" I sit down on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. "And for all, I know he most likely wants me dead. By the way, the feeling is mutual." Ulla calmly listens to me. I go to the equally dark bathroom and brush my hair in anger. Putting the brush down, I stare at my reflection. My blue eyes shine with anger and resentment. Color from my face has faded a bit, but my lips are a lovely pink. I get into the black tiled shower and rise off.

I get out and dry off. I notice on the bed is a white gown with white heels. A note is laid on the dress. I pick it up and read it. In cursive black ink, it says, "To wear for dinner- Jace." I rip the note into tiny pieces. I open the black closet to find another dress only to find out the closet is empty.