VII

"Hazel?" I say, confused.

"Ursula!" She says in a higher-pitched voice. I step out of the bushes. "What are you doing here?" She says, trying to act casual. I glance at Hades. His head is down. I look into Hazel's large eyes.

"I saw the transformation," I say with no emotion.

"What transformation?" She says, lying.

"I knew there was something off about the both of you from the beginning," I say, looking at them both.

"We can explain," Hades says, finally looking me in the eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. "Do you know about me?" I cross my arms.

"Know what about you?" Hazel asks. Hades looks in the direction of the bush with wide eyes. I look and see Ulla standing. Her white mane shines bright in the moonlight.

"A Unicorn?" Hades says in awe.

I look back at him.

"You're like us," Hazel says. "A shapeshifter."

I feel Ulla's presence next to me. "I'm leaving, so don't ever talk to me again." I quickly climb up Ulla. I look down on them. "Either of you." With that, I signal Ulla to take me back to the house. I hear someone shout my name, but I don't care.

Once I got to the cottage, I ran to my room. Slamming the door open, I quickly grab a bag. Grabbing my clothing, I shove them in the bag.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hear Hazel say. I ignore her and continue shoving stuff into the brown bag.

"Hazel, leave her." I hear Hades say.

"No, Ursula, I know you can hear me." She says. She grabs hold of my arm and restrains me. 

"Let go of me!" I shout. I try pulling my arm out of her grip.

"Hazel!" Hades helps to pull my arm out of her grip.

"Not until she listens to us." She says.

"Listen to them." I hear Ulla's voice say.

"Why should I?" I ask. "You were the one who didn't want to be here? I promised that if they ever gave me a reason to leave, I would."

"We are safer with them than on our own. Plus, they can help us." She says. Sighing in defeat, I stop struggling.

"Fine, I will listen," I say to Hazel. She lets my arm go. Hades leads me to the bed. I sit on the edge as Hazel puts chairs from my vanity, and study in front of me. Both sit in front of me.

"We are both shapeshifters." She says.

"Both Hawks," Hades adds.

"We didn't tell you because I didn't know you were like us." She explains.

"We usually can notice who are human and who are not," Hades says.

"We thought you were a human being since your scent is of someone who is a human," Hazel says with brows furrowed.

"I hid my scent for my protection," I explain.