Chap 9 - House

Jungkook's Pov

I wait for Jimin at the entrance of the school. When I finally see him, we start to walk out of the parking lot and towards his neighborhood.

"Don't you usually ride your bike?" He asks me. I shake my head.

"Not today," I say. "I thought a peaceful walk would be nice." I lied. Actually, report cards had gone out yesterday and because I was suspended, my grades dropped rapidly. Yuhyung was not happy about that. He went outside and threw my bike into the street. A car sped down the street seconds later and ran it over. It's not going to be able to ride around town until I am able to fix it myself. Yuhyung was so very mad that I had a lot of F's. He slapped me and kicked me repeatedly until I passed out. When I woke up, it was the middle of the night. He was sitting in the living room watching a random show.

I wasn't allowed to have dinner or breakfast. Plus, he took away my small Telly and is making me keep my bedroom door open at all times. Apparently, he doesn't trust that I will do my homework anymore. We keep on walking in silence. Soon enough, we reach a very nice looking neighborhood. My home looks horrible compared to these ones. They were three-storied houses with huge lawns and humongous pools. They looked as if they were from a fairytale. They didn't look like houses, they looked like castles.

"Um..." Jimin scratches the back of his neck nervously as we step onto the porch of one of the nicest houses. I look at him as he seems to look around in search of something.

"Is something wrong?" I ask. He laughs nervously.

"I... Uh, I can't find the spare key we use and I lost my keys a little while ago.."

"So, we can't get into the house?" I ask. He smiles sheepishly and nods.

"Yeah..." He gulps. "Can't we just study at your house?" I gulp.

"No," I state. He pouts.

"Why not?"

"Uh..." I think for a moment before remembering something. Yuhyung is at work all day and night today. He won't be back until the afternoon tomorrow.

"Ya know what?" I ask. He raises an eyebrow. "I guess we can.." He smiles as I start to walk down the road. He follows behind me quickly. After what feels like too soon, we arrive at my home. It's not nearly as big as his house. It's not nearly as fancy, either. The yard isn't green like his's, just about the exact opposite, actually. I look down as he looks around at the neighborhood and such.

"This is really nice. I like it," he says. I snap my head up to look at him.

"How? It's not even close to as beautiful and nice as your neighborhood is..."

"I know," he smiles. "That's why I like it. It has more of a homey feeling like a real home should. My house isn't like yours because it doesn't give off that feeling and vibe. I'd rather live here than my house. Plus, why do people buy huge houses when they don't need all that extra space? It doesn't make sense..." I'll admit, he had a good point; but I bet he's just saying that to be nice... There is no way he would like my neighborhood. The neighbors are rude and don't care about anyone but themselves. I take out my spare key from my pocket and unlock the door. I open it to find the house a mess. I am screaming in my head to not let Jimin through the door, but it's too late.

"I am so sorry for the mess... My dad-" I stop myself.

"What about your dad?" He asks. I look around and shrug.

"He... Uh... He was supposed to clean today... I guess he forgot when he went to work," I lie. Ugh, I hate lying so much. Mother always taught me differently. She taught me to sit up straight, to hold the door open for women, to not lie, and so on... I am seriously making her proud right now.

Note my sarcasm there...