Chap 30 - Foster

Jungkook's Pov

I blink rapidly as my eyes adjust to the light. I look around to see I am in a white room with small windows. I try to sit up, but my body feels as if it weighed a million pounds. My eyes felt even heavier, I could barely keep them open.

I look around a little bit more and see tubes and monitors and all of these other things scattered across the room. I furrow my eyebrows. Where was I?

"Jungkook?" I turn to look at the door. Taehyung stands there with a small smile on his face. I try to smile at him, but I don't.

"How are you feeling?"

"Good, I guess..."

"Do you remember what happened yesterday?" He asks. I shrug.

"Somewhat..."

"Well... Do you remember what happened when we were at your house? You're in the hospital. Do you remember why you got here?" Everything came back to me all at once, giving me a small migraine.

"Yeah," I think for a moment. "Jimin! I have to tell him I'm sorry. Is he here?"

"Yeah... He's just outside. Do you want me to go get him?" I nod.

"Thanks." Taehyung nods.

"Taehyung?" I ask. He turns and looks at me as he puts a hand on the doorknob.

"I'm sorry for hitting you," I say. He laughs.

"It's alright." I then realized the bruises in the middle of his face. Did I really do that? He walks out of the room, mumbling something to himself. With a lot of work, I manage to sit up in the bed. I stare at my hands as the door opens.

"Jungkook?" Jimin asks. My head shoots up. He has red and puffy eyes with a flushed face. No doubt, he had been crying because of what I said.

"Jimin... I'm-"

"I forgive you." He cuts me off.

"Why? I was so rude to you. All you were doing was helping me. Yet, I pushed you away and was angry," I say. Jimin shrugs.

"That's true, but I forgive you because there was a lot of stress in that situation. Everyone says stuff they regret when they are mad, scared, and/ or stressed." I smile.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being so good to me." We sit in silence for a couple of minutes or so before I speak up.

"Are we still... You know... Dating?" I ask. Jimin laughs.

"I guess so... See? We really do work well together. We fought five minutes after we became an official couple. Yet, here we are apologizing." I laugh.

"You make it sound like a married couple." Jimin laughs along with me.

"Hopefully one day," I whisper.

"What?" Jimin asks.

"Nothing..."

~~~

"So... I'm going to be put in foster care?" I ask. The man nods.

"Yes, but only until you can afford to live on your own. You know, get your own place to stay and get a job-"

"I got it," I mutter. Jimin elbows me. "How do you know that I won't be put with a total creep?"

"Don't worry, you'll be put with a nice woman named Mina. She's worked with Child Services for a while now. You'll be just fine." I gulp.

"When do I leave?"

"Uh, tomorrow. We made an agreement with the hospital to let you out early so that you can pack."

"Who's we?"

"Child Services." I sigh. There really is no getting out of this.

"Where will I be going?" The man pauses.

"We will have to be telling you that later. I don't have all information right now." I roll my eyes.

"Whatever-"

"Jungkook," Jimin warns. I sigh.

"Why do I have to leave tomorrow? Why can't it be next week?"

"Well, do you have a place you could stay until then?" The man asks while rolling his eyes. I look at Jimin. He shakes his head.

"My parents are alright if you stayed one night; but a whole week? They would flip. Even if it meant that you could stay here longer..." I sigh.

"Alright. Just, get me out of this stupid hospital."