Chap 23 - Boyfriend?

Jungkook's Pov

We sway to the music. The melody had started to calm me and help me get my mind off of everything that has happened at home. Everything bad that has happened in my life has been forgotten as I stare at Jimin's beauty.

I remember the song. I remember that Mother would listen to it almost every single day. She would sing it to me all of the time. Any time I asked her to sing, she would be up for it. Singing was her passion. Singing is my passion.

"Don't you know you stop the room?
And all that I can see is you.
I'm standing where the lightning strikes,
I know this doesn't happen twice.
You must be my Once In A Lifetime," I sing into his ear. He smiles and looks up at me.

"I didn't know you could sing," he says. I shrug.

"I used to with my Mum. I guess I just fell out of it for a little while..." He tilts his head to the side slightly.

"Jungkook?" He asks.

"Hmn?"

"Do you remember when I told you that I was waiting for that one guy to ask me to the dance?" I nod. He hugs me and whispers,

"I'm glad you finally asked." I smile.

"Really? Were you waiting for me to ask you? Why?" Jimin pauses.

"Because I like you, Jungkook. You are a great guy. And you want to know something?" I nod. "You are worth worrying about." I smile. Before I can even understand what I am doing, I kiss him.

It was only a small peck, but it was still enough to make my stomach run wild. I couldn't believe I just did that, and with the look on Jungkook's face, I don't think he could, either.

"I'm sorry. I just- I don't know what I was thinking-" Jimin shushes me. He smiles.

"It's alright. I enjoyed it," he laughs.

"Really?" He rolls his eyes.

"Man-up Jeon." He pulls my collar, forcing me to kiss him again. I smile into the kiss, as does he. After a moment or so, the song is over and we end the kiss. For that one moment in my life, it seemed as if everything was perfect. Everything was exactly how it's was supposed to be.

Jimin and I went back to the table after the song was over. Yoongi and Taehyung were at the food and drinks table getting punch, so it was just Jimin and me.

"Jimin?" I ask. He turns to face me.

"Will you-" I stop myself for the second time this night.

"Will I what, Jungkook?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Nothing... It's stupid. Just-"

"Jungkook," he raises an eyebrow. "Tell me." I sigh.

"Will you..." I take a deep breath.

"Will you be my boyfriend? I know, I'm not the best person in the world; but I'm not the worst, either. I can assure you that I will be the best boyfriend you have ever had," I say quickly. I always tend to speak very quickly and ramble a lot when I am nervous, which is what I am now...

"Yes," he whispers. "I'll be your boyfriend. You don't have to prove to me that you'll be a good boyfriend because I already know that you'll be a great boyfriend." He smiles and hugs me tightly. I hug him back with just as much effort.

"Hey, guys! Woah, did we interrupted a hugging session or something here?" Taehyung asks. Jimin's eyes go wide and he scoots his chair away from me. I smile.

"No, you're all good, Taehyung." Yoongi was holding his hand. He had a huge smile on his face, as did Taehyung.

"Can you guys give Jungkook and I a second?" Taehyung asks. Jimin and Yoongi give him confused looks.

"Uh, sure..." Yoongi says. Taehyung smiles. Jimin and Yoongi leave the table and go to another one. Taehyung takes a seat next to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"You asked him out, didn't you?"

"I asked him to be my boyfriend, yes," I say. Taehyung smiles.

"Of course you did," he laughs. "Just, don't hurt him. Okay? He's a fragile boy and he is hurt easily. I don't want you to be the one to break his heart, or else I am going to have to beat you up." I laugh, but when I see Taehyung's serious expression, I stop.

"Wait, you're serious?"

"Uh, yeah. Anyways, just be good to him. Okay?" I nod.

"By the way, he likes looking at the stars. Keep that in mind for a first date." Taehyung winks at me and stands up before walking over to Yoongi and Jimin who sit conversing with one another.

Stars, eh?