Back at it again

Tiff's POV (Ugh, it's been so long since I've written that. It feels good to write again!)

I couldn't sleep. I keep tossing and turning in my bed. I tried to close my eyes, but sleep just didn't happen. I keep getting vivid memories of me and my mother. Playing in the park and buying ice cream from the ice cream shop. I remember the times were I had to stay at home with my grandparents. Mom would always had to leave. When I asked why, she would just say it was "grownup business." I would wonder what that meant as a child but now I understand. She was trying to protect me from Zalgo. Just thinking about him made me mad. I got up from my bed and looked out the window. I wanted to get my mind off of negative things. It was pitch black outside so I had to squint to see. I could only make out trees. I looked out further and saw faint lights. It was from the small town in the horror forest. I wondered what it was like in the town. I had only seen that skeleton and....Vincent. I closed the curtains quickly. I didn't want to remember what happened tonight. Tucking myself back in the bed, I closed my eyes, dreaming of things that didn't make sense.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. "Why must this happen to me?" I groaned. I looked at my hair in my bedroom mirror. It was frizzy but my black curls were fine. I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to the bathroom. I did my typical routine such as brushing my teeth, washing my face, etc. I walked out and smelled breakfast cooking. My stomach grumbled. But I still needed to fix my hair. It was the main part of my look. I went to my room and fixed my curls with some hairspray. I smiled at myself in the mirror but it wasn't working. I still had bags under my eyes. Ready to eat, I grabbed my sandals and ran downstairs. Everybody was at the table. It was eerily silent. I pulled out a chair and sat down.  There was already a plate prepared for me. Jeff seemed to be frustrated. I picked at my food. But I couldn't take the silence anymore. "Ok, what is going on here? Is this about last night?" I said. Slendy sighed. "No, It's not about you. That woman that claimed that she was your mother....wasn't actually your mother. It was actually.... a spy for Zalgo." My heart raced. Zalgo? I thought he was just another obstacle that I already finished." I put a hand through my hair. "It seems like this battle is never ending. First I'm dealing with this Vincent guy and then Zalgo wants to come back into my life? Jeez!" I exclaimed. Great, now I sounded like a brat. "Sorry about that guys. A lot is going on." I sat up and folded my hands. Masky sighed loudly. "It's not your fault. It's ours. Should of realized that it wasn't her. All my freaking fault." Masky's voice gave off a sad tone. Why was he taking this so hard? Was he good friends with my mom? I felt bad for him. My mom must of had a legacy. 

After a very silent breakfast, everyone went upstairs. I sat on my bed as I read a book I had picked from my bookshelf. I had Melanie Martinez's Training Wheels playing in the background. Her music made me very happy. I was very submersed in the novel that I hadn't realized that Slendy was in my room. "Wow, didn't see you there Slendy. What happened? Is everything ok?" I said.  "Yes, everything is fine. But you seem to have a visitor. Kevin's outside on the balcony. Said he wanted to talk to you."He said. My heart started beating very fast. I hadn't seen Kevin in a while. I surprised he was actually worried about me. "Really? Um, let me just fix myself up. I'm literally still in my pajama's." Slendy nodded and left the room. I looked alright but I just needed to change. I ran quickly to my closet. I chose a blue summer dress. I threw it on and added a necklace just to spice it up. I tied up my sandals and ran down the stairs. Sally was watching a show that had unicorns all over the screen. I laughed at it. I opened the door and saw Kevin. He was looking into the woods, admiring the nature. When he saw me, he smiled. I sat next to him on the patio swing. It was quiet for a little before he blurted out: "So I heard that you went into the Forest." Damn it. He knew about it. I put my head down in shame. "Look, I just wanted to see it and then-" He put his finger on my mouth. "It's fine. I'm not upset. Curiosity just gets the best of us sometimes. " He looked over at me. His pitch black eyes were mesmerizing. "I guess so. I mean, you know what it's like to live there. I don't know anything. Except that there is scary vampires in control. I should have listened." I said. Kevin laughed. "Scary vampires? That's defiantly one way to describe them." He said. I laughed as well. Scary vampires did sound childish. "But there was one vampire that I didn't fit the description of a scary vampire. Maybe lethal and deadly. Before I left the Forest, he told me his name was Vincent." I said. Kevin's expression changed once I said Vincent. "Damn it. It's more worst than I thought it might be. The other vampires was one thing but Vincent is another. That boy is deadly." Kevin talked in a much serious tone. " Lets just say he knows how to make everything go his way. Just remember that. Stay away from that forest if you don't want to die." What he was staying was not adding up. What does he mean. It was like he just left more and more puzzles pieces for me to connect.