Chapter 2

Evans's POV

"Evan...Evan." A voice echoed. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Nurse Eli staring down at me. "It's lunch time, and I thought you might be hungry." She said. I groaned, sitting up.

"Thanks Eli." I sighed, turning to leave.

"Will you be okay out there?" She asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." I reassured her, walking out the door.

I made my way to the cafeteria and grabbed a tray. After collecting my lunch, I tried to make my way to a table, but I tripped on 'something' and fell face flat onto my tray of food.

I heard a snicker to my right, followed by the rest of the table. Soon enough, the whole cafeteria was filled with laughter. I flushed a bright red, picking food off of my face as I ran to the bathroom.

Upon reaching the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror. I was a mess. I grabbed some napkins and proceeded to wipe some stray mac and cheese off my face and hair.

Hearing familiar voices and footsteps coming, I rushed to one of the bathroom stalls. I locked the door and pulled my feet up so as not to be seen.

"Wasn't that a bit of a dick move?" I heard the voice of Dave say.

"What? The punk deserved it." The voice of Alex sounded. I peeked through the bathroom crack, and sure enough, it was Alex and Dave conversing.

"Why do you even care anyway? Since when did start sticking up for that dweeb?" Alex smirked, looking as if he knew something.

"Shut it will you?" Dave seethed.

"Aw, did I offend someone?" Alex taunted. "Looks like someone actually likes nerdsville over here. Or is it a bit more than that?"

"Shut up!" Dave cried out, ready to start a fight. Before he could land a punch, the rest of the 'croonies' came in. He quickly retracted his hand.

"What's going one here?" Jeff, another member of the group asked.

"Yeah, what is going on here?" Alex asked coyly, directing his attention to Dave.

"Nothing." Dave mumbled with a hint of anger and annoyance in his voice, pushing his way out the bathroom, followed shortly by the others. Once I was sure they were all gone, I breathed a sigh of relief and quietly came out of the bathroom stall.