Chapter 9

Evan's POV

Oh no. I knew it. This was all just a plan so they can beat me up! What do I do? The only exit is blocked by them. Maybe I can jump from Alex's window? Yeah, that seems like a logical idea.

"Evan?" Dave's voice called out. Shoot. I've been caught. Goodbye world....

I turned to look at Dave sheepishly. "H-Hey?"

"Oh cool...I didn't know you had company," Max stated nonchalantly. "What is he doing here though?" He added in. Alex glared at Max.

"As if you don't know. You were right in class laughing with those shitheads like the little shit you are," Alex grumbled, crossing his arms. At that, Max and Dave bursted out laughing.

"Well bud, as you can see...." Max started, ".....there's no way we can go home with this storm." He came up to Alex and put an arm around him. "And that's where you come in." Alex gave him a blank look. "Well, it's settled then. C'mon Dave, let's go to his room." With that, Max made his way up the stairs, followed by Dave.

My heart beat sped up as they passed me. Max gave me a side glance and smirked at me, before making his way to Alex's room. I felt a sudden hand on my shoulder and I flinched back.

"You okay?" Dave asked, looking at me in confusion. I was too nervous to speak, so I just nodded my head instead. There's no way I can stay the night with them. It's basically me asking for a death wish.

"Alright alright, I have one guest room so two can take my room and the other two can take the guest room," Alex decided while trotting up the stairs. "You guys cool with that?" Both Dave and I nodded in agreement. We all walked into his room only to find Max with his belongings out and him already sprawled out across the bed. "Seems like you've made yourself at home," Alex rolled his eyes. Max gave a lopsided grin, before he turned his gaze toward me.

"Come here for a second," Max smirked, patting the spot beside him as a gesture for me to have a seat. I hesitated for a second before I gave in. I slowly made my way toward the bed and cautiously sat beside him. Before I knew what was going on, a stack of paper was shoved on me. I looked questionably at it.

"I expect you to be done with them by tomorrow. It's my English essay, Physics assignment and  math homework. If you start now, I'm sure you'll be done in no time." I looked at Max flabbergasted.

"I-I-" I started, but was cut off by Max.

"You what? Did I stutter? Now go!"

"Can you stop being a dick for once?" Dave rolled his eyes at Max's immaturity. "I'm sure he has his own stuff to do, right Evan?" I nodded my head hesitantly. "See?" Dave took the stalk of paper from me and shoved them back on Max.

"Oh come on. I wasn't being serious," Max grumbled. "I didn't expect him to do all of it. Just three-quarter would have been fine."

"Can you stop being lazy and actually do your own work for once?" Dave asked. Max smirked at that.

"Now why would I do that when we have our own personally nerd with us for the night?" I fumbled with the sleeves of my sweater nervously.

I glanced at Alex and saw an annoyed look on his face. "Look, I don't care what you do, just pick a room already so I can sleep. This storm is making me tired and your non-stop bickering isn't helping either."

"Well since I'm already here, and I'm incredible lazy to move," Max started, "I'll stay here."

"Whatever. Now both of you, get out," Alex said, shooing Dave and I out of his room.

"Let's go." Dave told me gently, guiding me out of Alex's room toward the guest room.