Chapter 16

A/N: Here you go. Relatively longer chapter for you peeps, even though it's not that long at all.

Evan's POV
"Can we leave now?" I asked. "I'm already late." Dave and I have been in the bathroom for about five minutes now. We didn't say anything, and I just waited around awkwardly.

"Sure. You're free to go," he said. As I made my way out, he stopped me. "Hold one, I have a question.

"What is it?" I asked in curiosity.

"So I know this isn't your thing, but one of my friends is throwing a party this Saturday. Wanna tag along?"

"Uhh..." I wasn't sure what to say. I mean, I didn't want to go, but I really wanted a friend, and I don't want to mess our potential friendship up. Realizing my hesitation, he quickly cut in.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I just thought it'd be fun. You can think about it and let me know before Saturday."

"No problem." Okay, I really don't know what to say. This is so awkward. Why can't I keep up a conversation? No wonder I have no friends.

"You can go to class now." He cleared the path for me. I gave a slight smile and walked out of the bathroom. I mentally sighed. How lame can I be? Sooner or later, he's going to ditch me because of how boring I am. What if he's doing this as a prank? What if he doesn't actually want to talk to me, but is forced to. Thoughts of worry clogged my mind. I can't do this. Maybe I should avoid him? I really hate myself.

I contemplated on whether I should really go to class or not. I can't take the attention or eyes on me. But if I don't go, I'm afraid I might miss something important. I have English next...with Alex. Even though we still have this English project to do, I'm afraid to talk to him because of what Max might do to me. Max, he scares me a lot. What have I done that was so bad to make him hate me this much? I guess he really doesn't like gays.

Before I knew it, I was in front of the classroom. I don't even remember turning this direction. Since I'm here already, I might as well go in. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Why are you late again," the teacher glared at me. I could feel all eyes on me. I could hear the whispers and snickering.

"I-I didn't hear the bell ring," I stuttered. I kept my head down, not wanting to look up and see the faces of anyone.

"Just take a seat," the teacher said in irritation. I hurriedly took my seat at the back corner, while stumbling in the process. My face was beat red and I started to see white flashes. I felt hot and cold, and my heart wouldn't stop trying to create a storm inside me. I tried to calm my breathing when I'm in my seat.

Deep breaths. Breathe. Just breathe. I chewed the inside of my mouth nervously. I felt really anxious for some reason.

"I'll be back in ten to fifteen minutes. Be quite and continue the questions on the board," the teacher announced. I kept my head down and started to fumble around with my pencil. I put my head on the desk and was about to doze off when I felt something hit my head. I jerked my head up and realized it was a crumpled up piece of paper.

I looked around and heard a bunch of snickering. I hesitantly picked the it up and un-crumbled it. My heart dropped when I saw the words written on that piece of note.

"GO KILL YOURSELF YOU STUPID FAG!!!"

I ripped the paper in half and crumbled it up again.

"What's wrong Evan?" One of the guys in Alex's table yelled out. "You're not gonna cry now, are you?" I heard laughter erupt from his table, and muffled laughter from the rest of the class. I chose to ignore him, and put my headphones on with my head facing the window.

"Don't ignore me when I'm talking to you!" He raised his voice in anger. All I want to do is leave. I heard shuffling and all of a sudden, I was being pulled up by my shirt and violently thrown to the floor. I looked up to see Justin seething in anger. "Didn't I just say not to ignore me?" He pulled me up again and pushed me against the wall.

"Leave me alone!" I cried, trying to get out of his grip. My feet were dangling off the ground. He grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulled it back, forcing me to look up at him. My eyes were starting to water and I bit my lip from crying out. Something dangerous flashed in his eyes.

"You're probably enjoying this, you fag. You're disgusting." And with that, he let go of me and I came tumbling to the floor. Just then, the door opened and the teacher came in.

"Why are you all scattered around? And Evan, get your butt off the floor and sit down!" The teacher demanded. I heard suppressed laughter all around me as I scrambled to get to my seat. All through the rest of the class, I felt eyes piercing through me.

As soon as the bell rang, I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the classroom, eager to get away from everyone. After turning a corner, I accidentally bumped into someone and fell backward. I looked up and froze.

"My house after school. We need to finish this stupid English thing. Wait for me after practice and don't be late," Alex said before walking off. After practice? But Max will be there. Well...there goes my life.