Chapter 1- Good Bye

"Dear Josh, I would die to meet you.." I started my letter. I smiled, thinking about how happy I was.

Last year, my life was a complete mess but Josh Holloway led me to a happier, more peaceful life. When my parents and friends didn't listen to me, I distracted myself by watching Josh Holloway's television shows and videos.

"Wow Tessa, suck up much?" My older sister Melissa commented, flipping her annoying bleach-blonde hair out of her eyes. She had pretty hair, unlike my medium-long, frizzy, brunette hair.

I growled. Melissa made me so angry all the time. Even though my parents were never home and she was supposed to be the adult, she always tried to make my life hell. On top of that, she was perfect.

"Well he is the love of my life." I murmured angrily, trying to forget Melissa and focusing on dreaming about my celebrity crush, Josh Holloway, and I kissing.

"The love of my life is PLAY DOUGH!" My younger brother said before shoving his mouth with play dough.

My brother was annoying too, but I would miss him on my two week trip to Hawaii. He was only four years old, and occasionally gave me little "presents" of worms.

Back to the trip, I thought to myself.

I was going to take a commercial plane to Hawaii and stay with my aunt for two weeks. During that time, I was going to a Justin Timberlake concert. I hoped to see Josh Holloway there too, since Hawaii is where he lives.

"Well Melissa, I'm going to meet Justin Timberlake!" I smirked, "and you'll miss it loser!"

I ran upstairs before Melissa could make a remark about me "not even liking Justin Timberlake".

As I piled clothes into my purple suitcase, I listened happily to Melissa complaining to her friend why she couldn't go see Justin Timberlake.

I was happy I made Melissa upset. Last year, when I was struggling at school and home, Melissa was never there to help or talk to me. She occasionally made fun of me herself.

I rolled my Josh Holloway pictures into my oversized shirt and sighed.

Blingggg blingggg! A text for me was very rare even now.

It was sadly only from my dad, "Coming to pick you up. Flight changed to today", it read.

I threw my last pair of shorts into my suitcase and ran down the stairs.

"Bye MELISSA! Have fun doing nothing!" I laughed. I know I was mean to her, but I couldn't help it. Her life seemed so perfect, and this is a chance for me to go somewhere cool without HER.

"Hasta la vista, New York!" I yelled as I hopped in my dad's car.

"Flight 813, now boarding!" I heard the loud speaker announce. I grabbed my suitcase and jogged to find the plane.

"OOPS!" I yelled as I elbowed a hard abdomen. "Sorry.."

I turned around and saw a guy with blond shaggy hair, a cowboy hat, and familiar sea blue eyes glare at me. This was my crush, the guy I have a folder of photos of in my purse, Josh Holloway!

My heartbeat sped up and I looked hopefully at him. I can't believe I'm standing in front of the man of my dreams!

"Holy crap! C-can I please please please have your autograph? I love you!" I rambled.

"Sorry I'm his assistant and he's BUSY!" The lady standing next to Josh growled.

"Pleeeeease!" I begged, following him as he walked away. Now I was practically shaking with adrenaline. I could barely even think.

"Fine here", Josh said with a frown, scribbling on a sticky note and handing it to me.

"Damn she was annoying!" My idol's assistant said as I watched them speed away.

I frowned. I definitely thought Josh would be more...happy.

"WAIT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, running towards Josh until I tackled his assistant by accident. "What the.." She looked up to see me sitting on her, blushing. "Uh.. Sorry." I stuttered.

The angry assistant shoved me off of her, straightening her shirt, and pulled out a walkie talkie. "Hey it's Kathy, there's an obsessive fan over here, can you take IT away?" The lady said, staring pissed off at me through the call. I ran off before the security guards could find me.

"Would you like a drink ma'am?" The flight attendant said politely. "Sure, apple juice." I said, dreamily staring at my pictures of Josh Holloway.

I can't believe I fell on top of Josh's assistant instead of Josh, I thought angrily. D$%# it.

I took a long swig of my apple juice. It tasted like cow manure, but screaming at Josh sure made me thirsty. I choked as the plane shook.

Suddenly there was another bump and at least three more.

I heard the "beep" of the seatbelt sign turn on. Everyone around me was talking nervously, as if they knew something I didn't.

The plane was sputtering and shaking as the pilot came on the overhead.

"Zorry for ze inconvenience.. But you're all about to be sacrificed!!" The man said, and then said something incomprehensible in another language.

That wasn't the pilot, it was a terrorist!

I heard a bunch of men shouting and the next thing I knew, the plane was swerving, then going down.

I panicked. I had absolutely no clue what to do in this type of situation. I realized that this plane, flight 813, might be my last memory.

It became harder to breathe, and a few seconds later the breathing masks came down from over me. fumbled with it for about thirty seconds before putting it over my head.

All I could hear was screams similar to when you're riding a roller coaster, and the fast beeping of the plane malfunctioning.

I looked out the window. All I could see was lots and lots of water.

A/N: I uploaded a photo of Tessa, the protagonist, to the right!!!! I'd appreciate any comments or votes XD