Chapter 2- Danger

I heard an awful combination of screaming, splashing, and metal ripping. Suddenly the plane hit the water, but it felt more like hitting concrete.

My ears were ringing but I tried to listen to everyone's conversations. "Gasoline leak... Terrorists... Sue the plane company... Where are we..."

I heard a lot of jumbled words but two of them stuck out to me. "Explosion. Soon."

My heart started beating faster than I thought was even possible. My forehead felt wet, I reached up and felt my head to find blood coming out of a small gash in my head.

I pushed people out of the way and lugged open the emergency door. "STOP! What the heck?!" I heard someone yell, before feeling waves of water rush in.

The plane was sinking and I just made it possible for everyone to drown! I dove out of the plane and swam as fast as I could, directionless, but determined to get away from the crash. My adrenaline seemed almost endless.

Then, I heard a noise that sounded like four trains all going 100 mph crashing into each other. I stared towards the crash nervously. I gasped as the plane exploded in flames, and started to sink fastly into the sea.

"Keep swimming", I commanded my weak and traumatized body.

I was almost to the island. I looked back. Even though I was two or so miles away, I could still see the only remainder of the crash: a severed plane wing and dead bodies scattered around it.

It was nearly pitch black, but on the island a couple hundred yards away, there was a single campfire with two crash survivors sitting next to it. The second that I reached the beach, I flopped down, passing out as waves crashed over me.

I woke up alone in a forest next to the beach. Remembering the crash, my guilt sunk in. If I didn't open that door, the passengers could've been warned of the explosion and sinking. We could've all gotten out. There would've been a lot more survivors.

I realized I never got to say goodbye to anyone.. The last time I talked to Melissa was me yelling at her. Melissa was the "perfect" sister and I was often overlooked so I took out my anger on her.

A regretful tear rolled down my cheek. I just realized that I may never see my family again. "I know I always used to say I hate my life, but right now I'd do anything to get it back", I accidentally said out loud.

I hate myself more than I used to now. I sunk a plane and now there are only three more survivors.

SURVIVORS. I had seen two on the beach yesterday. I realized that I fell asleep on the shore, how did I get to the forest?

I tried to get up, but something was pulling my wrist down. Then I realized my wrist was tied to a small metal pole in the ground. "What?" I thought, confused. Why would someone tie me down in a forest?

Did the two survivors do it? What if the only survivors were the terrorists, I thought nervously!

I shivered out of coldness and fear. Knowing who the two survivors were could possibly guarantee death.

"Help!" I yelled, searching the forest with my eyes.

I heard leaves rustling as the survivors popped out. They looked ragged and tired, one girl one guy. The girl's hair was in knots and she was wearing cracked glasses. The boy had a torn cowboy hat and sea blue eyes piercing through me.

The guy looked especially familiar. His shaggy hair, small whiskers, and perfect eyes. It's almost as if I've seen him before.... Wait just a second, I said to myself,

The only survivors were Josh Holloway and his assistant, Kathy?