Chapter 3- Torture

"Well, well. The only other survivor is a disrespectful brat who tackled me." Kathy said grimly.

"I'm tied down! Why'd you guys do that? I can help you hunt and stuff...." I drifted off. I know they hate me, but they shouldn't have tied me to a pole!

"We didn't do that. I swear." Josh looked into my eyes.

"Nope but I'll kiss whoever did! THANK YOU WHOEVER TIED TESSA DOWN! You deserve it. Now we're even!" Kathy smirked overexcited and grabbed Josh's hand.

Josh mouthed the word sorry as Kathy pulled him away.

"Crunch!" I bolted awake. I looked up, the sky was still black. That's weird, I never wake up in the middle of the night.

"Hello, I'm Calvin." A deep Arabian voice said in front of me. Suddenly I felt chilled to the bone. I sat up to find a thirty or so year old, dark skinned man in front of me.

"Uhh I-I'm Tessa.." I whispered. I focused on the man's features. He had cute, chocolate brown eyes and short, wavy black hair. "I could be about to be murdered by this guy right now, and I'm checking him out?" I thought to myself.

"Sorry." Calvin said. "What.. Why'd you just..?" I asked, confused. Calvin reached behind his back and pulled out a stick, raising it above his head.

"Nooooo!" I pleaded before he struck my head and everything went dark.

I woke up tied to a tree with my feet above the ground. Calvin, the man who attacked me, was now in front of me with three other men.

"I'm Nate, that's Liam, that's Zuke." The least scary-looking one said.

Zuke held up a lighter in his hand. He brought it close to my face before bending down and lighting the grass below me on fire.

Oh no, if the fire grew it would burn me to death! "Please let me go! At least stomp out the fire!" I shouted.

"Why are you here." Zuke asked. "P-please!" I stuttered. "WHY ARE YOU HERE?" Zuke repeated, now only inches from my face.

"I swam here.. My plane crashed!" I said shaking. I started breathing faster each second.

"LIE. Why did you come here?! This is OUR territory!" Liam, who was overlooking the whole thing, yelled. He grabbed a knife from his pocket. Panic and fear struck me. Hard.

"AHHHHH!" I yelled as loud as I could.

I should get used to the fact that I'll be dead any minute. "No, no, no." I started mumbling to myself. I struggled against the ropes, trying to escape the men getting closer each second.

Suddenly I hear a rustling noise. Josh jumps out from behind a bush holding a crude piece of metal.

"WHO ARE YOU?" Josh demands, interrupting Liam, who was bringing the knife dangerously close to my face.

Then Kathy popped out of the bushes carrying a sharp wooden spear. She stabbed Liam from behind, forcing him to his knees. I watched as Liam coughed up blood. "Did Kathy just protect me from a killer?" I asked myself.

"You will pay for this!" Calvin said hatefully as the four men ran away, struggling to drag Liam behind.

"Why were they torturing you?" Josh asked me as Kathy applied something cold and slippery to my sore wrist. We were sitting under a palm tree with coconuts and other strange fruit above us. The coarse sand hurt my tar-black feet and rope burnt ankles.

A cold breeze swept by me, chilling me to the bone.

"I- I don't know. They think we're here to hurt them or something." I replied shivering.

"Wow this is strange", Josh started, "Just yesterday I was ditching New York to get away from all my fans and now I'm marooned on an island with THE craziest fan and a bunch of blood thirsty natives." Josh laughed and smiled his sexy signature smile.

"Even though you're not happy to be stuck with me, I'm sure as heck happy to be stuck with you!" I grinned.

"We know", Kathy groaned sarcastically, holding up my folder filled with pictures of my new friend, Josh Holloway.