Chapter 8- Longing

I picked up the rock shard and reluctantly carved a third tally on the stone wall for the third day I've been here. Three days alive.. Three days with no food, no water, no people, no Josh. I would even be happy to see the woman who brought me in here... Each minute, I suffered more from the absence of food and water, and the depression and longing for Josh. My stomach felt like an empty pit, making my whole body stiff and sore. My throat was dry and my lips were cracked and slightly bleeding from the lack of water. I couldn't even sleep or talk, and to top it off, I had a broken heart. I still watched Josh on the TV monitor. Every minute I think back to what he said right before they took and ruined him. If I could just kiss him...

"If I could just," I think to myself. I should stop saying that. I know that if in a day or two, I don't get any water, I will die. The though of Josh is making me hold on though. "This day will be different," I thought, giving up my last shred of hope.

And different it was. "Hey!" I croaked, watching the screen desperately. Two men in all black, looking like assassinators dragged Josh away. They had gun holsters around their waists. Before I could process what they were doing, I stood up. They were going to kill Josh! "I can't just watch and do nothing!" I said. Suddenly, I got a burst of adrenaline running through my body. I stood up weakly; I hadn't for almost three days. "Josh needs me," I repeated under my breath. My new mantra.

The woman I first saw when she locked me alone in this room burst in. "You-You're alive?" she said shocked. I gave all my energy to push her out of the way and start down the hall. There was Josh. A pang of happiness and sadness when through my head at the same time. I snuck up behind a guard holding a gun. I felt very confident and didn't even care if I lived or died anymore. I grabbed the gun, and before anyone could apprehend what had happened, I pointed the gun and shot at the men holding Josh. I aimed for their arms;I'm not a murderer. When they were moaning and tending their wounds, they dropped their captive. I pulled Josh to the closest door I could find without saying a word.

"Josh! I-" I gasped, realizing how tired I am. I bent over and clutched my knees, my stomach churning. A searing pain shot through my head and stomach as I decided to take a nap.....

"Coma" means to slip into a deep sleep or unconsciousness. I was in a coma for a very long time according to Josh. The dreams felt so realistic. I saw visions of my mother crying, Josh almost dying, Kathy, Derek, and Lacey. There was one dream near the end of a tunnel. One end of it was black, and one was white. I got stuck in the middle. I wanted to follow the dark path into death, but the thought of Josh brought me back. I could hear the real-life Josh whispering prayers and wishes about me each night, but I couldn't move or open my eyes. Until...

"I remember," Josh says in the real world. His voice echoes in my mind. All I want is to see him... I heard Josh crying slightly and then I felt his lips on mine. Fireworks of happiness went through me. I felt color rush to my cheeks as I slowly opened my eyes. It felt (and probably looked) like I was waking up from death. My crusty eyes widened at the sight of Josh at my feet.

Josh looked at me, bewildered. "I told you I'd love you.. No matter what," he whispered softly.