Long Time, No Call

[Frida's perspective]

I haven't gotten over that moment I kissed Anna in front of the guys. Ben called me after that, and he was stunned by the fact that I actually had feelings for Anna.

"It's not the way you think it is. I didn't cheat on you. She and I got closer and more intimate after we broke up. I mean, after you left me." I calmly told him.

"It's fine, Frida. I am actually happy thay you have moved on after that."

"I still grieve over us sometimes, but she comforts me by calling me on the phone. I still love you both, okay? But the love that I have for her has a higher degree than yours now."

"I hope you're both happy despite the distance. I still miss you."

"We have to move on... I mean carry on though I miss you too. Hey... Thank you for understanding. Take care! Goodbye." I dropped the phone, and took a deep breath.

I was glad that I moved on. I should call Anna.

I dialled her number. It was ringing.

"Hey. This is Anna. Kindly leave a message after the beep."

"Hey Anna. It's me, Frida. I miss you. I wanna talk to you. Call me as soon as you hear this. I love you. Goodbye."

I understand that she's busy these days, but something's not right. It has been three days since I called, and there was no response from her. I just miss her voice and her laugh. What's the point of having an answering machine?

[Anna's perspective]

I was so tired after bonding with my children, but it was the best. When we came home, I noticed that I have a message in the answering machine.

"Hey Anna. It's me, Frida. I miss you. I wanna talk to you. Call me as soon as you hear this. I love you. Goodbye."

Oh goodness! It was Frida. I was reminded of that moment in the studio when she kissed me in front of the guys, when I was afraid of her leaving. I looked at my hand, and stared at the ring she gave me. I was saddened of the fact that I have forgotten to call her after everything.

I dialled her number. I was hoping that I can make it up after not answering for days.

It was just ringing. Fri, please answer.

"Hey it's Frida. I'm out. I'll be back by 6:30 PM. Kindly leave a message."

"Hey it's Anna. I'm sorry it took days to call you. I was out with the kids. Hope you'll forgive me. I love you. Call me back, will you?"

I hope she's not mad.

[Frida's perspective]

I was outside my home for almost an hour now. I mean, I was sitting there for minutes. I lied on my answering machine. I just didn't want to be distracted by the sound of the phone ringing.

But I noticed that it was almost six, so I went back inside. I heard the phone ringing as soon as I made my first step. I intentionally did not answer it at first. I waited for my machine to respond to it. Then I heard...

"Hey it's Anna. I'm sorry it took days to call you. I was out with the kids. Hope you'll forgive me. I love you. Call me back, will you?"

At that moment, I felt happiness despite the displeasure of what happened days ago. But I really missed her, so before she dropped the phone, I quickly answered it.

"Hey baby girl. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Thanks sweetie. I went out with my kids these past few days, that's why I didn't answer your call."

"Long time, no call. How's that?" I sounded sarcastic.

"Are you mad at me?" Her voice slightly rose. "You know how much I value quality time."

"I know. Sorry. I just missed you that's all. I have been longing to see you again, or simply to hear your voice on the phone. Sorry. I am just not used to delays. You haven't been calling for a long time now."

"Why didn't you try to call me? I have been feeling the same thing since that day you kissed me in front of the guys."

"Sorry Anna, but I would like to return the question to you too."

There was a long pause after that, and I realized that I was wrong. I should be the one to lie low, "I'm sorry baby, it's my fault for being impatient and stupid. I'm sorry for not calling you for a long time. I should have been the one calling you 'cause I made a promise. Can you forgive me?"

"Sorry Fri. I should have done the same when I was longing for you. I should not have raised my voice when you were right all along. Sorry Fri. Do you still love me? I STILL..."

"...LOVE YOU." We said together.

"I'm sorry..."

"Jinx again."

"Hey baby. Can we meet soon? I just missed my little sister."

"I don't know when Frida, but are you coming back here?"

"You know me...I have surprises in store."

She laughed. "I knew you won't answer me, but I really kiss... I mean miss you. I love you Frida."

"I miss you and love you. I'll call you before I come back." I paused. "Hey! I hope you're not going out with someone else this time."

"That's too possessive, but I was about to tell you the same thing. Hey big sis, I'll call you later. I have to prepare dinner. I love you."

"Hey... I love you too. Call me before you sleep. Take care."