Is It True?

[Anna's perspective]

I still got married after Frida and I's moment. Fri and I still contact each other. She was trying to make sure that my then husband does not hurt my feelngs. She told me she was going out with someone famous.

We tried to be discreet as possible.

At first, I had the same feeling of jealousy towards her. But the difference is that I never felt cheated. I was still reminded of how I hurt her before. It was just fair.

Oh! And Frida tried her best to pay me a visit when she's in the country. I was actually proud of her that she protects the nature.

As for me, I would like to say that some love stories are not as perfect as you see in films. I was not happy with my husband. I still felt alone. He was usually out for his patients. There was no difference. I still fell for guys who simply love their work over me. It was just...

...hurting me inside.

One night, my husband was out. The phone was ringing. I answered it. Since when did I become his secretary? I just hope it's Frida.

"Hello? This is Anna. How can I help you?" I asked in a slightly sleepy tone. I was about to sleep then. I prefer early bedtimes.

"Good evening, baby girl. It's your Frida."

What a relief! Finally! "Hi Frida! I've missed you so much."

"Are you okay? You seemed to sound different. Is he hurting you? Is it true that you're separating?"

"Yes. He comes home very late. We fight. Sounds familiar?" I sarcastically told her.

"Hmmm... I'm kinda meeting this person in a few days."

We just laughed at it. Come on! It's already in the past. "But I have a question for you. Are you sure you're marrying the guy you're hanging out with? I read some stuff and I saw it, so..."

"Yes. I'm sure." She sounded happy.

I frowned. I felt sad after that. Why are they leaving me? I thought they love me. "Are you leaving me too?" My thoughts became words. Then I began to cry.

"I never said anything like that. Of course, I still love you. I don't want to go back to the argument we had before."

"But...you'll be so far away from me."

"Baby girl, I'll always be a call away. I made a promise, remember?" She tried to comfort me.

"But still, it does not diminish the fact that you'll spend more time with him than me."

"Anna..."

"Sorry. I'm just afraid of being left behind. You know, kinda like you."

"I never said that I'll leave you. You know and I know that we are together in our hearts. Getting married is just a phase of my life. It may seem bad, but I have been a double-agent for long. You know that since then, right?"

"But you said, we cannot hide anymore." I told her.

"I know what I said. In as much as I would like people to know about it, we just can't. I'm with a very high profile person right now. There I said it!" She was forced to tell the truth.

"Are you telling me that you're ashamed of what we have been doing? You're unbelieveable! I thought we have no regrets."

"I'm trying to keep you and I safe. Knowing that you are safe comforts me. I don't want the media to invade us anymore just like before. I know we no longer care how others will tell about us, but this is a different case. You're about to separate while I'm about to get married; if we go out together, rumors will rise. They might say that I ruined your marriage while I was going out with my fiance. That's not right."

"Sorry Frida. I'm just scared of losing you."

"You're not gonna lose me, Anna. I am keeping my word. I still love you, baby girl."

"Really? Are you really gonna do that? I'm sorry. I know how much you have sacrificed in this relationship. Sorry, love. I just... I just..."

She stopped me. "Shhhh... What matters most is that we love each other. You and my new man are basically life-changers. Promise me something Anna, be strong for me. I don't like to hear you're hurting or crying. I want you to know that I am always a call away from you. I love you, baby girl."

"I love you too big sister. I'm terribly sorry about how I reacted. I should have been happy now that you have found the right man for you, the same way you did to me when I thought I was with my current husband."

"Stop apologizing, baby. I know you're beginning to smile there." She tried to make me laugh.

"Love, I'm not..."  But I actuallly laughed. "I love you Frida....so..so...much!"

"Here... lemme give you a kiss...." Then she made kissing sounds on the phone. "Remember, I'm always a call away. Call me when you need me."

"Even if you're busy? What if you're out just like the last time?" I asked her. "Because I know you'll be busy with him..."

"Just give me a call. The person who may answer my calls will relay the message to me."

"Like a boss..." I joked.

"Kind of like that... but you know I don't act that way like the other bosses... demanding or even demeaning."

"I know. That is why I love you. You're just simple regardless of your achievement."

"Stop flattering me, baby... I love you too. I gotta go, okay? I saw his car outside, and he's coming here. I love you..."

"I love you too Frida. Best wishes. It's not yet goodbye, right?"

"It's just hello. I love you Anna."