Chapter 5:thoughts

Mabel's POV

It's been really quiet since Dipper left. He's been gone for almost a week now and I'm actually starting to get worried.

I looked outside the triangular window in my room. I stared deep into the forest just waiting for someone to come out of the forest. The rain hit the window pretty hard, so it was making it hard to see out the window. "Dang it! Stupid rain." I mumbled. I got down from the nightstand I was sitting on and walked towards the door.

The floor boards creaked under my weight as I walked over to the door. Once I was at the door, I gently placed my hand on the doorknob, I stared at it then sighed. Since the day Dipper left, Rhodes words have been haunting me. "It's all your fault."

I walked down the hall and then down the stairs. The stairs groaned with age. Once I close enough to the bottom, I jumped the rest of the flight down to the landing. I walked into the gift shop were Wendy was reading a magazine.

I sat done next to her and she set the magazine down on the counter. "It's so, different with him. He never did much to contribute to the mood of this place, but it just doesn't feel like the Mystery Shack anymore." Wendy said. "Yeah..." I looked at the door, it had darkened outside and it was getting really hard to see outside. Lightning crashed outside and the boom echoed throughout the whole shack. "A stroke brewing up." Wendy said looking at the door.

We talked for a bit. Not like normal lively talk, we just don't know what to talk about. After sometime, Soos, Ford and Stan came into the room.

"Guys, I think I have a way to get Dipper's memory triggered." Ford said. "And what will that be point dexter." Stan said leaning on the counter. "Well, who know Dipper the best?" Ford asked us. All eyes went on me. "Don't look at me, all I've done is throw him under the bus, he would never talk to me. Cause I'd never talk to him." I reported folding my arms. "I know him pretty well, he's opens up to me." Wendy said. "Well, what do you know?" Wendy opened her mouth to say something but before she could we all saw a silhouette appear in front of the gift shop door. The door opened and someone walked in.

It took us a moment to really who walked in. It was Dipper. He walked past us and then into the employees only door. We all shared the same glances before we all got up to look for Dipper.

We split up and I was in charge of upstairs. I walked upstairs and found him sitting on the small pillows near the red triangular window.

I walked over to him and sat down across from him. He only stared out the window.

"So, what are you doing?" I asked him. He didn't respond, he looked at me and I could see pain and sorrow in his eyes. "Thinking..." He said. "About what?" I asked. "Things..." We just looked at each other for a while.

"Dipper, I'm sorry I haven't been the best sister all these years." I moved over to Dipper and sat next to him and placed my head on his shoulder. "I know...but, one sorry can't make up for all the pain I've felt. You don't know what it's like, everyday, words and actions hurt me..." He responded. "Well, maybe we can make that up...we could spend the rest of the Summer together, it'll be you and me, just like you've always wanted." I said. I wrapped my arms around him and my sweater warmed his cold body. "Really?" He asked. I looked at him. "Yeah." I responded. "Or are you going to throw me under the bus?" I sighed, he doesn't trust me.

We sat there in silence. The only sound was of our breathing and the rain outside. I could hear everyone downstairs. "Why'd you come back?" I asked Dipper breaking the peaceful silence. "I just...felt like it." "Ok." I liked the silence, it was nice. Eventually my eyes started to get heavy. I tiredly looked at Dipper, his eyes were closed and he had soft breaths. He fell asleep, and I fell asleep on him, his soft breathing set me off to sleep. This was nice, just the both of us.

Wendy's POV

We couldn't find Dipper downstairs, and Mabel's been upstairs for a while. I decided that I would go check on her. I walked quietly up the stairs, and when I got towards the top, I heard soft breathing. I walked fully up the stairs and I stopped once I got up there. I found Mabel, and Dipper. They were asleep on each other. I smiled. I walked back the stairs and into the gift shop where everyone else was.

"I found them." I said. "Where?" They all asked. "Upstairs. But before you go up there, they're asleep."

"Well, I guess we'll just have to wait until they wake up." Ford said.

(Time skip!)

Fords POV

I was at the table doing work when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up from my paperwork and research just in time to see Dipper and Mabel come into the room. They sat down in the living room and sat in silence. "Dipper, Mabel please come here." I asked the twins nicely.

The twins shared glances before coming over to the table. They sat down next to each other. "Yeah. What's wrong?" Mabel asked me. "I need to ask you guys some questions." I said clicking the pen I was holding. I grabbed a clipboard and a new sheet of paper.

"About what?" Dipper asked me. I could still hear the tiredness in his voice, they must've just woken up. "About, stuff. But anyways, Mabel," Mabel looked at me. "Yeah." She said. "While you were upstairs with your brother, did anything happen?" Mabel gave me a blank look, she then looked at Dipper who had a hurt look on his face. "Dipper would never do anything to hurt me! I'm hurt that you would ask such a question!" Mabel said crossing her arms. "Dipper," Dipper looked at me through the corner of his eyes. He was still facing Mabel, as if he needed her for support. "What did you do while you were gone?"

Dipper sat there in silence, I could tell that his eyes widened. "Umm...stuff." He said. "Dipper, tell me." I said getting a little annoyed. "I can't." He replied, he was now looking at me strait in the eyes. I could now see that fear had taken place in his eyes. "Why not." "I'm sworn to secrecy." "Why can't you tell me? Are you going to die or something?" I asked him clearly annoyed now. "Yes I will. And I would appreciate if you would stop trying to get it out of me. Good night." Dipper stood up and walked away. Mabel looked at the door then me, then the door again. "Smooth move Ford." She said in a slightly angry tone. Mabel stood up and left too.

Dipper's POV

"Good job Pine Tree!" Bill said as he joined me on the roof. "I don't want to die no matter how terrible my life is." I replied looking at the night sky. "Well...actually Pine Tree, I wouldn't kill you, just be very angry at you, I need you later on for our plan." I glared at Bill. "You lied to me." I then turned away and faced away from him. "Pine Tree, don't be like that." "I don't care! Just leave me alone for bit!" I said. I breathed heavily. "But not for ever, please come back." I whispered. "I always will." I heard Bills voice as soft as a spirit fade to nothing.

I redirected my attention to the sky above me. The stars had, a sort of, calming feeling to them. I'd stare at them for hours, but they're only here for a while. I kept looking at eh stars until I heard someone sit next to. Then another. I looked to my left, Mabel. My right, Wendy. I looked down at my hands.

I felt a hand on my back, I looked at Mabel, she smiled at me. It felt so nice, to see Mabel, smile at me. I smiled back. She then drew me into a hug, then Wendy joined in too. "I'm just glad you're back." Mabel whispered into my ear. "Me too." Wendy said. "Thanks guys."