Chapter 6: Day of Fate

Mabel's POV

"So, what do we want to do?" I asked my brother as we took a stroll through the sun filled pine forest. "I don't know, something." He said in his newly acquired quiet voice. Ever since Ford has been trying to get answers out of Dipper, Dipper's volume level has gone done quite a bit.

I looked ahead of us, it was the Clift of the weirdly shaped cliffs. (The one that's been hit by the UFO) "come on Dipper!" I cheered happily. I ran towards the edge and then sat down letting my legs dangle off the edge. Dipper quietly came and sat next to me. Once he was settled, he looked down at the ground far below us.

"Something on your mind?" I asked him. "I guess..." He responded closing his eyes. "You tired?" "No, not really." I sighed, I'm finally spending time with him, but he seems, zoned out all the time. As of someone, or something, is doing something to him.

"Well, the views pretty." I said breaking the unwanted silence. Dipper looked up, then glanced around our surroundings. "Yeah, you can, see everything." His voice trailed off in a slightly creepy way at the end. I was confused, but I let it fly, I don't really know much about my brother, nothing really big, even small. He's never opened up to me, he usually just comes to me for comfort, as if, he's wanted my comfort for a while.

We sat in silence for a while. I just stared at the world around me, then  I felt weight on my shoulder, I looked through the corner of my eyes to see that Dipper had rested his head on my shoulder. I smiled, I don't know why I left him alone all these years, I need him, and he needs me.

I felt his body go limp, I internally freaked out for a moment. Then I heard his soft breaths , he'd fallen asleep. He has been sleep deprived, he always had bags under his eyes. I took a deep breath and took it all in.

It was a nice silence, the birds were chirping, the cicadas making their annoying sound, the bushes behind us are shaking....wait what?!

I turned my head quickly just in time to see someone walk out of the bushes. "Well hello there marshmallow, what brings you here?"

My eyes widened. "Dipper." I slightly shook Dipper. "Dipper, time to wake up."

"Oh Mabel...finally careing about your brother are we? Well then...what changed your mind? I'm dying to know." 

"I've been changed by him. He changed my mind." I responded hold of my sleeping brother closer.

"Well, he needs to go." Gideon said to me. "What?!" I yelled back at him. "We were happy together! You told me how much you hated him, how you wanted him to die. Then once you grew attached to him, you left me! And now he's gotten in the way!" Gideon yelled back. "I'd rather die before you lay a hand on him."

I felt movement besides me. I looked down and saw that Dipper was waking up. He sat up and looked at Gideon. "You have your grappling hook right?"  He asked me in a whisper. "Yeah." I responded. "Good." He then stood up and backed towards the edge. He looked me, I looked back at him wide eyed. He smiled, then fell back.

"Dipper!" I ran over to the edge and jumped off. "Mabel come back!" Gideon yelled. I located Dipper who was falling with his back to the ground, his vest and short rippled with the wind. I put my arms to my legs and launched my self towards Dipper. He looked at me.

"Dipper grab my hand!" I yelled at him. One hand was extended towards him while the other pointed up with grappling hook in hand. He looked at me with a blank face then grabbed my hand. I launched the grappling hook and it hit something. Then we started to slowly descend towards the ground.

Dipper looked down at the ground, still holding tightly to my hand. I felt his hand grow cold for a bit. "Dipper, your hand is freezing." I told him. He looked at me. "Mabel." "Yeah Dips?" "Would you forgive me for anything?" "Of course." "Well, I don't you will for this." I gave him a confused look. Then I felt some burning sensation in my hand. I looked at my hand and it was engulfed in a blue flame. It didn't hurt at first, then, it burned my hand. I yelped in pain and let go of Dipper. He looked at me before positioning himself faster towards the ground. "Dipper no!" I yelled at him.

He fell closer and closer to the ground, we wasn't stopping to anything. Once he almost hit the ground, there was a flash of white light.

I unhooked the grappling hook once I hit the ground. I nervously glanced around. "Dipper! Dipper where are you?!" I yelled. I started to look around, he wasn't anywhere, and there was no trace from him. I looked at the burn on my hand, that he caused. "Don't worry Dipper...I forgive you." I whispered.

Dipper's POV

"Good you're here now, now it's time to start putting our plan into action." Bill said as he circled around me. "Well, first we need to update your attire, you can't rule besides me looking like that!" "Since when are you the fashion police?" I asked him annoyed. "Never mind that, now put these on." He said Handing me a pile a clothes that he just made appear. I took them and walked down the hall of Bills how to my room which he had made for me. 

I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked like myself but not. For starters, Bill said I had to ditch the hat, even though that was a gift from Wendy, he made me wear an eyepatch over my right eye, so that was annoying. He made me wear a white shirt with a bow tie, classic bill, a yellow suit with some sort of "tails" at the bottom, black pants and back boots. "Wow, classic bill." I mumbled before walking out of the room. I walked down to the foyer where Bill was waiting for me. "Ahh, much better Pine Tree, or should I call you Alcor." "It's better than being called a tree." I told him. "Well ok then Alcor. Let's get to work, Gravity Falls won't be taken over by its self."