New Tide

The dancing flames from the torches lit the way as Nyssa moved through the ancient hallway. The stone walls were carved directly from the mountain that the League's home was nestled in at the base of the Hindu Kush, a location that was permitted to only the members of the League itself. A large pair of doors swung open as Nyssa moved into the large room where her father was located. Ra's Al Guhl quietly sat beside an ancient bath carved of stone, the green liquid from the pool reflecting off his face. The Lazarus Pit that had extended the life of Ra's for centuries also acted as a beacon of solitude for the tormented man, perhaps the only source of peace he was able to attain after so many years of it's mystical powers. Nyssa respectfully approached her father and stopped behind him, kneeling in his presence as she spoke.

"Father, forgive my intrusion but I bring news." Ra's remained in his meditative state as he responded.

"Continue my child." Nyssa lifted her head but remained in her stance, the formal and respectful training of the League holding her in place.

"We've received word from our partners that the next phase is beginning, HIVE is preparing to move their forces into position." Nyssa explained, the mention of the organization bringing a pause to her. It was unlike the League or her father to work with outsiders, especially a group such as HIVE. Ra's sensed his daughter's hesitation as he turned toward her and asked.

"And the rest of it?" Nyssa took a calming breath as she answered.

"According to their sources Malcolm Merlyn has been killed." The news of the traitor's death had brought a peace to Nyssa, which after the man's indirect murder of her beloved Sara was something that had long disappeared from her life. Ra's saw the conflicted look in his daughter's eyes and knew the news was both a comfort and curse to her. Merlyn's death would certainly put her thirst for vengeance to rest with Sara but it would also act as a reminder that she would never enact that revenge herself. Nyssa's expressions showed this battle raging within her, a conflict that Ra's knew they had no time for now.

"With this news your beloved may now rest peacefully, and with it we shall let nothing distract us from our mission." Ra's replied as he moved to his feet and faced his daughter, using a physical display to remind her that his word was final. Nyssa bowed her head once again in an act of dominance, a reaction that had been instilled in her subconscious since she was a child. The League's tactics and training methods were simple but effective, with simple programming every member was bound to the will of Ra's Al Guhl no matter the order. Nyssa dared not to question her father's word, even when the rage within her for vengeance screamed for justice.

"It appears the time is upon us. Begin preparations for our departure." Ra's ordered as he motioned for his daughter to rise. Nyssa obeyed the gesture and stood to face her father.

"About our destination, are you sure that Starling City is the best location for us to station ourselves? Perhaps Gotham would be more logical considering the scale of this operation." Nyssa replied, her questioning behind the operation was both for tactical reasoning as well as personal. Besides the fact of her father's main threat being located in Gotham, the thought of returning to Sara's home after so many years would almost certainly bring back painful memories.

"No. Starling City is about to become the epicenter for change and I will be there to ensure our mission is completed. As for Gotham and the Detective, I have something planned that will occupy his attention while the operation is carried out." Ra's explained an evil grin curling his lips as he thought of the unimaginable horror that was about to befall his enemies.

"Now, send word of our arrival." Ra's ended as Nyssa bowed and moved to begin the League's next move.

The fresh spray of water ran down the green arms of the fern as Oliver returned the spray bottle to the table beside the old plant. He paused for a moment while examining the fern, thinking back to how many adventures it had witnessed first hand. Felicity had often referred to it as the team's mascot, joking how it was already the right color. The rattle of Felicity dropping her head into her arms wrung out across the table as Oliver turned to inspect her frustrated posture. The nonstop barrage of troubling news that had reached them over the past twenty four hours was being to weigh on her. Oliver moved behind her chair and gently grabbed ahold of her shoulders, instantly noting the stiffness in them. He wasted no time in beginning to massage the stress out of her muscles, receiving an approving sigh from Felicity as he worked.