Fracture

The scratch of a pen scribbling on a patient's chart gave way to the approaching footsteps. The nurse smiled as she looked up from her work and saw the doctor standing in front of the desk. The doctor returned the smile before grabbing ahold of one of the many patient charts sitting on the countertop. Her coffee rested to the side of the documents as she thumbed through one patient's chart in particular.

"Isn't your shift about over?" The nurse asked, typing information into her computer from the chart she had just inspected.

"A few more minutes yeah...just wanted to double check if these scans I requested showed anything before I head out." The doctor answered, reading over the results on the chart as she sipped her coffee.

"Big plans for the weekend?" The nurse asked, keeping to her work but attempting to keep the small talk going in place of an awkward silence.

"Nothing exciting sadly." The doctor answered, satisfied with the patient results. She placed the chart back on the desk and checked her watch. The force of the explosion sent a gust of air down the hallway, knocking over small objects and blowing loose paper away. The doctor and nurse both hunkered down in reaction to the small explosion, unaware that it was simply a breaching charge arrow. The newly destroyed section of wall was blanketed in smoke as the Green Arrow came rushing through with a lifeless body tightly grasped in his hands.

"I need a doctor now!" Oliver ordered, his voice both demanding and pleading. The shocked nurse cautiously peeked over the desktop, still unsure if the hospital had just been attacked. The doctor however saw the motionless and bloody body in the masked man's arms and instinctively moved to preform her duties.

"Nurse!" She yelled, hoping her counterpart would snap out of her dazed state and respond accordingly. The doctor quickly rushed to Oliver's side and immediately began inspecting Felicity, instantly taking notice of the arrow lodged in her abdomen. Oliver impatiently stood by as the doctor quickly looked over her new patient, being sure there weren't any other injuries before moving her.

"When did this happen?" The doctor asked, her stethoscope carefully moving around Felicity's chest in search of a heartbeat.

"Minutes ago." Oliver replied, knowing his answer was vague but honestly unsure of the actual time at the moment. His soul instinct was to get Felicity to safety, everything else was numb to him. A group of nurses charged down the hall with a gurney, thankfully the other nurse had done her job and called for assistance.

"Alright set her down." The doctor ordered to the hooded man as the medical team stopped beside them. Oliver followed the instructions and gently placed Felicity down on to the gurney where the other quickly went to work in securing her survival. Oliver felt the doctor push him aside as she began to relay information on her patient as well as instructions to her team. Her voice faded into a high pitch hum as Oliver again felt everything blur around him, his own pulse began to rip away at the sight before him. His focus struggled to find Felicity through the interference, but he also failed to spot the approaching police officer. The explosion almost certainly must have brought the officer to this side of the hospital. The lone man quickly moved down the hallway, carefully sidestepping the workers and other patrons checking to see what had caused the noise. The officer moved one janitor aside and got a clear look down the hall where he saw the Green Arrow standing beside a medical team.

"Green Arrow spotted at Starling General. I say again, I have eyes on the Green Arrow at Starling General. Requesting backup." The officer spoke into his radio clipped to his uniform as he placed one hand on his sidearm and continued forward. The dispatcher confirmed the officer's report and relayed the information as a passing patron quickly stepped out from a corner. The officer collided with the man, sending them both falling to the floor. The officer looked back to check on the knocked over man, frustrated that he hadn't been paying more attention.