Intercepted

Brooding was something that Team Arrow was no stranger from, many of the members would claim that Oliver hadn't invented it but he might have perfected it. This time however, Felicity, found herself taking the mantle of silently contemplating the recent events within the safety of the Keep. Walter's death hadn't had time to fully take hold but after the board members ceased power from her over control of QT, everything was starting to weigh on her. Not only the loss of a dear friend but the betrayal of another, and the uncertainty of whether or not that friend could be trusted. The sting of pain in Victor's eyes when he discovered that Felicity had used him for information seemed all to sincere to be an act, but Felicity had learned the hard way that some people were just good actors. She imagined that her father had become so accustomed to lying that it must have all seemed like the truth to him. Oliver and Diggle's entrance pulled her train of thought away from despair as she turned to face them.

"Thea just checked in, they're refueling at Coast City and should be back later tonight." Oliver began, stopping beside a table filled with gear. Diggle positioned himself aside from his partners, suspecting that Felicity would need Oliver's presence to help lift her spirits.

"Not that it matters much anymore. I've been locked out of QT, so whatever HIVE wants with the Garden Project they're going to get it." Felicity replied as she rested her heavy head on the arm rest.

"Not necessarily. Thea said they found what HIVE was after in Japan." Oliver quickly stated, gathering everyone's attention.

"It's some sort of software cloning device, military grade and very unique."

"Which would explain how and why HIVE wanted it. The only data we pulled from their server a couple years ago showed that they were cultivating dozens of projects that would've been decades behind without their hidden input." Felicity added, allowing herself to somewhat sidetracked.

"What'd you mean hidden input?" Digg asked, glancing to his friend.

"In order to stay off the radar, HIVE, has been leaking useful insight and info to third parties and allowing them to create numerous advanced projects. Which they then in turn either steal, copy, or buy outright with no trace to them."

"So they're just playing everyone? How doesn't anybody catch on?" Digg asked, even more furious at the idea of the evil group manipulating the world more than they already had.

"Maybe they don't want to know." Felicity morbidly suggested, half regretting having said it. Oliver sighed, burying his head in his palm. The sight of Felicity losing hope and faith in their odds hurt more than he expected, especially since she had always been the strongest of the group in regards to holding out for hope.

"So they're going to try and clone the Garden Project...good luck. Not only would it be pointless because it's a security program, but they'd need a really really good engineer in order to successfully integrate the internal coding." Felicity spoke up, still searching for a reason behind the use of her program.

"That would explain why they wanted Curtis." Oliver stated, glancing to Felicity in hope that she would begin to piece things together.

"Well partly. I mean, no disrespect to Curtis, but he's not good enough to handle a project like this. This would require advanced knowledge in integration that would be on a whole other level, less digital and more...neurological. The internal components of both programs would need to be combined in such a way that simple integration wouldn't work, it would have to be on an almost deceptive level." Felicity rambled as she moved to her computer and checked on a hunch.

"So if Curtis couldn't do it, than why risk the exposure of grabbing him?" Digg asked, knowing that HIVE didn't operate without a advanced plan.

"He was a contingency. HIVE needed his knowledge on the Garden Project in case the collaboration didn't go through." Oliver stated, understanding that HIVE had several backups in place for the operation.