present

you'd think a family gathering would be fun, full of laughter, have amazing food, and enjoying each other's company.

but i had just put my furious girlfriend in our bedroom, taehyung having his eyes locked on his girlfriend to watch her every move. my parents and yerin's parent left because, "we dont have time to deal with adult stuff." hoseok's kids were in the kitchen, eating whatever was left over. namjoon and sara hung up as soon as the yelling started. nayeon didnt even get to step inside before the yelling started, she left her present and immediately left without a word.

it's been ten minutes and yejin's breathing couldnt get anymore harder. taehyung tried to calm her down but she would just slap his hand away.

"yejin, you do know you're in the wrong right?"

"shut up jimin."

my jaw dropped, more so the fact that she had never been rude with me. i could see my best friend getting almost as annoyed as i was, probably more annoyed with his own lover than yerin is with her.

"look," i started out quietly. "i know you have your pregnancy mood swings and such but you should have control over what you say. especially over that."

she shrugs, "it just happened."

"it was fucking rude, yejin. if you think tossing this to the side is going to make everything better, news flash! it wont."

taehyung stood up, slightly cutting me off, now angry with her.

"just because yerin broke your phone when you guys were 16 doesn't mean you are allowed to call your niece or nephew a 'worthless child coming from a little brat' to your sister. that's stepping over a boundary, a human is growing inside her, a human is also growing in you. they are blood related, you two are blood related. i'm pretty sure if that child could comprehend what you said to their mother, it will make you more worse than yerin breaking a goddamn flip-phone."

"what the hell did i miss?"

a tall figure appeared in the entry way, bags in his hands and a set of twins behind him. he looked scared, staring at taehyung with wide eyes. yerin is walking down the stairs, cursing up a storm.

"yerin! my kids are here, watch your mouth!"

"JUNGKOOK!"

i watch my girlfriend run towards her baby brother. he carefully embraces her, looking out for his new family member. the twins, joohyun and soohyun, silently went to the kitchen but not without a hug from their aunt. hoseok walks out from the bathroom, patting his face with toilet paper.

"are you guys done arguing? im sweating so much in there- JEON JUNGKOOK!"

and thus, the reuinion with the jeon family began, yerin and yejin still ignoring each other completely.

taehyung and i sat back, watching jungkook pulling out books for yerin to read when she puts the newborn to sleep. a few times his wife would call, making sure the twins had eaten.

before he left, i pulled him aside.

"you should visit more often, the girls havent been getting along. some baby jungkook can help them."

he laughed, "i moved into town almost a week ago. dont tell them yet, i want to wait and surprise them-"

"PARK FUCKING JIMIN!"

showtime?

author: showtime (;;