present

im going to lose my shit.

my girlfriend is currently in labour and her mother is in the room with her. im sitting outside the room, mass texting everyone in the family.

jungkook: im right in front of you

taehyung: holy shit man

namjoon: name him after me

hoseok: no after me dude

nayeon: me because we all know the baby is a girl

namjoon: was never confirmed, idiot ^

nayeon: i never liked you

sara: but i did

hoseok: that's disgusting, get a room.

seokjin: WOAH SHE'S IN LABOUR? IM HOPPING ON A PLANE, I WILL MEET MY GOD CHILD

jimin: we arent doing that

literally everyone: uH WHY THE HELL NOT

yerin was surprisingly calm and wasnt screaming in pain. her contractions were going on but she tried her best not to yell in her mother's face. yejin didnt have the heart to come along and just went home, worrying about her own baby. taehyung was still sending me photos to lighten the mood, memes and all.

jungkook was talking to his wife, handing the phone over to his girls when they continued to whine. the spew of english words flew over my head but i understood the "a new baby is being born!" part. jungkook was tapping his foot, making me feel more anxious.

"should i go in?"'

"she'd prefer you over mom when the baby comes so go ahead."

i followed through, knocking on the door that closed my little family in. yerin and her mother were having a calm talk but when my girlfriend saw me walk in, it was like a trigger.

she started crying and holding her arms out for me. her mother quickly left the room, not forgetting to kiss both of our cheeks. i rushed over to yerin, placing butterfly kisses on her arms. her sniffles continued but there were no more tears. the squeeze on my hand would tighten from time to time.

"how ready are you?"

"this is the worst part but it is so worth it."

"should record the birth and then show them what it's like?"

she cracked a smile, "you know hoseok will do that shit with every kid in the family."

"dont swear just yet! wait until they're 10 months."

she rolled her eyes, slapping my arm. the comfort in the room had changed and it's been 7 hours since she's been in active labour. it was nearing 11 in the morning and i sent jungkook home so the twins wouldnt be so tired. he insisted he'd be here for his sister but i actually shoved him out of the hospital, stuffed him in his car, and made sure he drove away.

now i was watching yerin fall in and out of sleep, the startled look on her face would go away when she saw me. we havent talked much but there wasnt much to say, we just wanted our baby.

"mrs. park, we're here to check how dilated you are."

it didnt even phase her how the nurse addressed her incorrectly, she just needed to be dilated 10 cm so she can push.

i was amused at how annoyed yerin was, she wanted the happy nurse to get it over with so it didnt interfere with the grumpiness. her eyes kept rolling and she kept mouthing swear words at me.

"i'll be right back, you're only a centimeter away!"

when the nurse left, she cried out, "it doesnt even take long to check!"

-

i think it's safe to say yerin didnt kill anybody that morning. as much as she wanted to, she had to be prepared for mommy tears when her baby was in her arms.

her mother and i held her hand, her more encouraging than i, and i felt like passing out from how much my girlfriend was squeezing my hand.

the delivery team worked quickly and carefully to make sure everything went smoothly. i kept taking glances at the clock to check what time it was but i couldnt focus very well since yerin kept squeezing the shit out of my entire hand.

they kept saying "just a few more pushes!" and its already been 10 pushes. i never knew how exhausting child birth would be and im not sure if i want to go through this 3 more times, but the more the merrier.

i almost passed out but then i saw my baby, covered in it's nasty gloriness, and just about cried. i saved the manly tears for when yerin and i were alone.

"it's a boy!"

when they went to go clean and measure him, yerin's mother left us alone. while the team was cleaning yerin up, she kept grabbing my arm and whispering "we're waiting until we get married before we have another kid".

7.9 pounds (or 3.6 kg (approx) if you arent from america) and 20.1 inches (51 cm).

please welcome park taemin (aka jimin jr).

author: ham-oppa wanted jimin jr and that's what he will be remembered as.
be ready for a surprise in the next few chapters (;

this is poorly written but i always rush in the end sorry!! the next letter will be long, hopefully, and super sweet. love yall