epilouge

important author's note at the end!

his handwriting was more curvy and slanty, i could feel it. whenever my sister reads it, she makes fun of his writing.

her's was perfect, as my sister said, but her enthusiasm lacked.

this is where i wish i could see and understand what she meant, i wanted to see what my parents wrote and how it felt to read that. i know iseul felt a little upset at the fact i only got letters, but she doesnt know ive written them for her. it's like passing the tradition on because she's doing the same for changmin without our parents having to ask.

we were currently in a family reunion, minus our grandparents, and all the kids were sitting outside of uncle taehyung's house.

parents were inside, cooking and eating, while we stayed out to enjoy one another's presence. although, that didnt work out so much for iseul and danbi, the only child of kim taehyung and jeon yejin.

"you're so irritating! your eyebrows are so cringe worthy!"

"i could say the same for your personality."

"my mom was right, you have such a bitter attitude."

"your mom is the one who is still salty about a flip phone from the 2000's."

mingyu, probably the only person who's in love with iseul and uncle hoseok's youngest son, grabbed her arm and pulled her next to me. how did i know? the swear words kept getting louder as she moved closer, stopping when i held her hand.

"she's a brat, typical aunt yejin in her."

"im going to throw a bike at her."

"mom said to wait until she really pulls the trigger, then you can."

iseul sighs, "i wish you could see me punch her."

"i'd rather continue to be blind but thanks."

even though all of the parents parents grew up together, our bond wasnt strong. the twins had left to america for college, most of uncle hoseok's kid didnt bother to come, except mingyu, and a lot of the kids here were just peaking the age of 12.

there was only 5 of us who stood in the ages of 16-19, me being the oldest and alexis (uncle namjoon's daughter) being the youngest.

it was honestly confusing for me to keep up with the entire family but im glad my dad got to grow up with those guys, my mom becoming great friends with them. i wanted that same friendship but we were all scattered around the world. putting the kids together, that would make 21 kids. that's almost too much and i dont even know half of their names. i was only friends with mingyu and jun since we went to the same high school and live right across from each other.

the park family is the least closest to the kim-jeon family which is a bit concerning considering the wives of the houses are sisters but oh well.

i have to say, uncle hoseok is really great at any sort of advice and it makes me wonder what he's been up to for 19 years. how does he handle 5 kids? and all by himself? lots of respect for him.

the twins, who are one of the smartest girls i have ever met, teach me a lot about america! i learned english for them since uncle jungkook told me they dont know a lot of korean. i grade our communication skills at C- but hey, it's the thought that counts.

i would go through with the rest of the families but i really have no more brain power so here's a summary:

uncle namjoon and aunt sara still reside in australia, raising alexis there. she cant speak korean but can understand it.

aunt soonbi and eunbi are raising 5 kids, 2 were adopted and 3 came from their previous marriages. they are all younger and some are around the same age as changmin, my youngest brother who is 11.

aunt nayeon has 4 kids, all from uncle jinyoung. they are still together and live in busan.

uncle seokjin and yoongi stayed single, the latter still making music. uncle seokjin has been staying put in korea for a few years, designing clothes and such for the kids. he never bothered to start a business but rather owns a bakery, typical, in his very own house. innovative.

aunt yejin and my mom rarely get along these days. it's funny though, the feud between them fell between their own daughters. my dad finds it amusing and uncle taehyung has us in a group chat to send us videos of aunt yejin throwing tantrums. it's mostly just memes though, some he's even made himself.

i think this sums up all the past memories i've collected with the huge family i was born into. my dad was right, it's a rollercoaster. he was also right about them being the best rollercoasters.

my family taught me to love and accept all sorts of changes. they made me into something i wish my kids could become.

happy.

i am happy.

it's all because of my big, amazing family.

author: i asked if you guys wanted a sequel, so pls do comment on here or on that chapter to let me know! thanks so much for reading!! i'd make a seperate chapter for this but im a bit too lazy. hopefully i'll see you guys in my next story (: