Chapter 10 - Expect the unexpected.

Chapter 10

The room is silent as we stare, eye to eye with heated anger slowly rising between us. Thank god this wardrobe is big, I need all the distance I can get. Zayn stands, completely wet and drenched as his dark gaze penetrates me. It's like having the Cold Zayn back. Well who am I kidding, he's always lingering in the slightest moments. As much as I missed his dominant side, I still get the same feelings I did before. The intimidation, the chills, and adrenaline. It's been a while since I last saw him and now that I am, I want the soft side back.

I bite my lip nervously as he places the remote back on the island and I step back slowly, as if its giving us more distant. He tilts his head at me and pierces his lips together in frustration.

"How did you open it?!" Zayn questions, voice intimidating.

"Shouldn't I be asking questio-"

"Answer me Victoria." He snarls.

I freeze in my place. Jesus, how could I forget how frightening he can be sometimes. "I- um- I was just um." Jesus I'm a stumbling mess and Zayns already losing his patience. "I was just putting in um- different numbers- I mean c- combinations." I take a deep breath and force myself to look at him.

"How did you know that specific combination?!" His voice is curt.

Swallowing hard, I fiddle around with the end of my dress. "Your elevator combination." I shrug innocently and he frowns. "What are those-"

"You weren't suppose to see them." Zayn says disapprovingly and insanely agitated. He makes his way around the island and I move backwards, watching his every step as he walks closer to me. Why the hell did you give me the damn remote if you were hiding something in here. What else is he hiding?!

"Why are you keeping those?" I question as he crouches, and opens the draw of secrecy. It looks as if he's rearranging the CDs and files in order. He's ignoring me?! "What are they?!" I attempt to ask another question, but Zayn's tight lipped and refusing to tell me.

"Zayn?"

No reply. He stands tall again as one of the wardrobe doors above him slide open and he pulls out whatever clothes he's going to wear. Why the fuck isn't he talking to me?!

"Zayn."

Still no recognition. He's completely regarding my existence and I pierce my lips in frustration to keep my mouth shut from saying things that are flaring in my mind. Taking a deep breath, I look at him again and I can tell from the force of pulling and tugging he's using to change himself is screaming he's pissed off. That makes two of us.

"Zayn!" I yell this time.

"What, Victoria?!" He snarls at me and I step back, my heart stopping after a beat and his cold gaze shoots knives straight into my soul.

"Just tell me what they are." I mumble under my breath and he stills, his frown deepening as silence stretches. "Tell me they aren't, what I think they are."

Sex tapes.

SEX TAPES. It has to be!

Zayn shakes his head. "I can't tell you." He whispers and the anger tingles right through my body, almost as if I've been trying too hard to suppress myself from a sudden outburst but I don't say anything. I shake my head this time, disbelief, betrayal. I don't know what I'm feeling right now, but I'm so fucking annoyed. Holding up his Malik Cell, he throws it to me and I catch it swiftly and look up at him questioningly.

"Your phone." He says.

I scowl at him and place the phone on the island. I couldn't give two fucks about this phone right now.