Chapter 3

(Y/n)'s POV

"What am I supposed to do now? I'll be a loner for the rest of my life."
"You're not a loner, you have me. Come on, there's some people you have to meet," he told me.
"Like who?"
"You'll see." Jack held my hand and pulled me into the air.
"Whoa!" I closed my eyes, scared. I felt arms wrap around me.
"Don't worry, I won't let you fall...or will I?"
"Stop joking around." He laughed. I buried my head in his chest.
"Don't be scared, open your eyes. Face your fears."
"Oi! Are you saying I'm scared of heights?!" He smirked.
"What if I am?"
"I'll prove it to you."
"How?"
"Don't know but I will someday."
"Doubt it."
"Stop talking back to me, iceboy."
"Is that a permanent nickname?"
"It might be."
"Change it."
"What if I don't, iceboy?"
"You better, snowflake."
"*blush* Whatever." A strong gust of wind came our way. His arms wrapped tighter around me.

~North's place~

"Hi there, Jack. How are all your teeth? They're so white!" a beautiful fairy-like creature said while examining his teeth.
"Stop that." Some other people came as well.
"Who's this beauty?"
"Don't go stealing my friend away," Jack interrupted.
"Um, who are you guys?"
"That's North - also known as Santa - and there's the Easter bunny, tooth fairy and sand man," Jack explained.
"Oh, so that's what you are. I thought you were a special breed of rabbit and kangaroo." He looked irritated.
"Ha! I'm not the only one!" Jack exclaimed.
"So, why are you here?" North asked.
"Jack brought me here, ask him."
"The moon chose her," he replied.
"Hey, I never caught your name," Bunny said.
"Oh, sorry. I'm (Y/n) (L/n)."
"What can you do?" Tooth asked.
"Plant stuff." Bunny seemed to come closer to me as I was talking to Tooth. I stepped away from him.
"Personal space please."
"Oh right, sorry."
"Can you show us what you can do?" North asked.
"Well, I'm not that familiar with my powers yet."
"Show us anyway."
"O-okay, if that's what you want." I made a tiny tree grow from my hand. I actually didn't know I could do that.
"Hey, who's voice is that?"
"What voice?" Jack asked. I ran towards the source of the sound. It was only a bird. How come I know what it's saying?
"Hello."
"Ha, these stupid humans think they can just play with a poor little bird." I got angry.
"Watch what you say." It looked shocked.
"You can understand me?!"
"I guess I can." Everyone was looking at me as if I was crazy.
"Maybe you have a headache," North said.
"No, I can actually understand it." Sandy spit out his drink.
"I guess plants aren't your only power," commented Jack. The bird flew away. Black sand surrounded the globe with all the little lights.
"What's going on?"
"Pitch is back," Jack answered.
"Who's Pitch?"
"I am."

I looked up to see a man that looked like he was surrounded in darkness. He suddenly appeared beside me and lifted my chin up.

"How beautiful you are, come join me-"
"Get away from her!" Jack pulled me back. I slammed into his chest. He glared at Pitch.
"Don't touch her."
"Getting protective, are we? Is she your girlfriend?" Pitch asked creepily.
"*blush* N-no."

I secretly used my plant magic to grow thick vines around Pitch. They tried to tangle him but he disappeared somewhere and appeared next to me.

"Come with me."
"No way would I go with someone as ugly as you!" Everyone stifled their laughs. He looked angered.
"You will regret making that decision," he said.

Black horses made out of sand surrounded us. Jack tried to freeze them but they kept running away. Maybe I could try communicating with them. I slowly reached my hand out but it just kicked me.

~Flashback~

Grace told Brandon to do something with me because I wasn't helping her. So he decided to kick me. It hurt a lot.

"Stop it!"
"No! You need to be taught a lesson!" Grace screeched.

That hurt my ears. I managed to complete my work for her, even though I was injured. But I never told anyone about this.

~Flashback end~

"We'll meet again." Pitch left.
"(Y/n), are you okay?!" Tooth asked, trying to comfort me. I was shaking slightly.
"Y-yeah, everything's fine. Just fine." Did I have to relive my life like this?!
"Come on, let's go to the kangaroo's place," Jack said. I giggled.
"Hey! You can only enter if I grant you permission!" Bunny complained.

He double tapped his foot on the ground and a hole appeared. He jumped him. I looked into it but Sandy pushed me in.

"Ah!" Everyone else jumped in. I landed on soft grass.
"Wow, this place is amazing." Suddenly, tiny eggs came running out.
"Omg! They are so cute!" I picked one up but then grabbed a whole lot of them.
"You're just like a child," Jack exclaimed.
"Got a problem with that?" He shook his head.
"Do any of you have a pen?"
"Here." North passed me one.
"Thanks." I drew cute faces on the eggs. They wriggled around and ran to a different area. I laughed.
"Why do they have legs?"
"Because they do," Bunny answered. I sweatdropped.
"That doesn't answer my question."
"I thought it did."

Giant statue things came out. I jumped on one and continued playing around. I made a giant tree grow and climbed it. This life might not be so bad after all.