Chapter 17

(Y/n)'s POV

I washed the dishes.

"Aren't you gonna help?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because its your job."
"And why is that?"
"You were the one that made the food."
"And you were the one that ate half of it."
"So?"
"Since I made the food, you have to clean the dishes."
"And what makes you think I will?"
"Common sense."
"As if you have any of that." I glared at her.
"At least help!" She just stood there.
"I sometimes wonder why I still obey a heartless person like you."
"So you're saying I'm heartless?"
"Basically." Her eyes showed anger.
"How dare you! I gave you a home!"
"But I already had a home before you took me in!"
"That doesn't matter!"
"Why not?!"
"Because Jack didn't actually do what he did that day-" She quickly covered her mouth. I dropped the dishes.
"H-he didn't?"
"Forget what I just said!"
"Answer me."
"Just forget it-"
"Now!"
"*sigh* Yeah, I tricked you to believing you were actually on my side."
"But...why?"
"Payback for killing my parents."
"But I didn't kill them!" She glared at me menacingly.
"Don't deny the truth!"
"You just made those photos too, right?"
"No, why would I fake my parents death?"
"B-because you don't have any...Pitch made you." Her mouth opened and closed. She wanted to get words out but couldn't.
"You didn't have a life before. You were just a doll and Pitch tricked you into thinking I killed your parents-"
"Stop!" She shot an arrow at me but luckily, it was a normal arrow. The arrow disappeared. I quickly covered my wound.
"You know nothing about me!"

Her eyes showed a look of anger. But I still couldn't believe that she tricked me into thinking Jack betrayed me! I felt myself glowing and I turned back to my normal self. Was my other thought here? No answer. Oh well, I am gonna sorta miss her.

"I am not gonna lose to you!"

My determination was reflected in her eyes. Her anger was what powered her skill. But I was going to win! My wound healed. Maybe healing was my new power.

I controlled a plant to wrap around her arms. She screamed because I made the vine tighter and tighter. She tricked me! I will not forgive her! She made me hurt my friends!

"(Y/n), that's enough. You don't want to turn into a murderous person, do you?" Jack exclaimed. I released her. Demitra just smirked and shot a death arrow at me. I fell but Jack caught me.
";Y/n), don't die...please." I smiled lightly.
"I'm sorry I ever hurt you..." North came.
"Go after Demitra. We'll look after her." Jack nodded and ran off.

North's POV

"Pitch, where's your spell book thingy?!"
"Here." He passed it to me and helped me turn to the correct page.
"This spell allows her to sleep while keeping her alive for 30 minutes. You must save her before time's up."

I nodded. Pitch chanted the spell. (Y/n) fell asleep. I hope this works. Tooth helped me carry her to my sleigh.

"Won't it be safety to travel my way?" Bunny asked.
"No way are we going your way."
"Your sleigh will give her motion sickness."
"And your tunnels will allow (Y/n) to crash to the ground. And besides, she does not have motion sickness and I doubt people can get motion sick while they're asleep."
"...you're right."
"Guys, we're wasting time here!" Tooth said, concerned.
"Right." We rushed off.

Jack's POV

I followed Demitra. I froze her feet but she broke the ice with a small sword. I glared at her. She hurt (Y/n), I would never forgive anyone that hurt her! I would win this for sure. She just smirked. She couldn't beat me with those arrows. The problem was her energy.

"Just give up now."
"No!"
"Why? What's your reason for doing all this?"
"I... Stop distracting me with useless questions!"
"You don't have a reason, that's why you're doing this. You have no idea what your purpose is."
"Shut up!"

She shot her energy at me. I dodged just in time. I has a feeling that (Y/n) wouldn't want me to die. I smiled mentally. I would win this for her. Demitra shot at least ten arrows at me but I just froze them.

"Damn it, why is my power so weak?!"
"It's not, it's actually surprisingly strong."
"Surprisingly?!" I smirked.
"You heard me."
"Why is it surprising?!" I slowly started walking towards her.
"I don't know, maybe it's your personality or maybe it's your type of power. Who knows?"
"But you were the one that said it!"
"I know."

Once I was close enough, I got her bow and broke it while freezing her hands. I took her back. Luckily, I 'borrowed' one of North's snow globes. When I arrived, (Y/n) was just resting in a spare room. I sighed in relief. But I was still really mad with Demitra. I kicked her over to North. She looked at me.

"What? That's nothing compared to the torture you did to (Y/n), you know?" I walked away. I went outside. The cold helped calm me down.

(Y/n)'s POV

I asked Tooth where Jack was.

"Oh, he's just outside." I sat next to him.
"Hey." He hugged me unexpectedly.
"Um..."
"I'm sorry I didn't protect you." I smiled.
"It's okay, I forgive you."