Chapter 6

(Y/n)'s POV

I went to the forest to see if I could communicate with a few more animals. A fox was walking around lazily.

"Hi, I'm (Y/n)." It looked at me.
"I'm Jake but it's not like you can understand me," it replied.
"Actually, I can."
"Really?! I've always wanted to see what talking to a human was like."
"Oh, that's interesting."
"What do humans usually talk about?"
"Well, it really depends on the person but we usually ask about favourite things and stuff as a casual conversation."
"Oh, would you mind if I stayed with you for a while?"
"You can stay with me for as long as you want."
"Thank you." A twig snapped. We both turned our heads towards the source of the sound.
"Who's there?!"
"My dear (Y/n), I am sorry for causing you so much trouble last time."
"Listen, I would appreciate if you stopped being you know...evil but I don't like you in that way or in any way for that matter."
"Oh, that's just sad." I glared at him.
"Who's that?" he asked, pointing to Jake.
"A friend."
"Pets aren't friends."
"Hey! He's not a pet!" He appeared in front of me. Jake growled at him.
"Feisty little thing." He was about to kick him but I stopped Pitch by wrapping a branch around his leg.
"Don't. Hurt. My. Friend." He just smirked.
"Are you gonna release me now?" he asked, pretending to be innocent.
"No way am I gonna release you."
"Why not?"
"Uh duh, you're evil."
"All I want is for people to believe in me."
"No, all you want is for people to fear you." He rolled his eyes.
"Next time, I'll have you for sure." Then he vanished. *sigh* Jack came when he just left.
"What's up?" he asked.
"The sky." He gave me a 'seriously' look. I laughed.
"And I'm guessing you're a friend of (Y/n)'s?" Jake asked Jack. I held in my laughter.
"What are you looking at, foxie? Am I too handsome for you to look away?" I burst out laughing.
"He doesn't understand you," I told Jake.
"Oh, I knew that."
"Yeah right *sarcasm*"
"Hehe."
"Come on, let's go." I picked Jake up and Jack took me to...somewhere. I buried my head in his chest.
"Don't be scared, snowflake."

Gosh, it reminded me every time of that line he said when he said snowflake. Because you're just as beautiful as a snowflake.

"You look cute when you blush." I blushed even more.
"S-stop it, iceboy."
"Again with that nickname." I giggled. Jake was just squished in between us, awkwardly. We arrived after a few minutes.
"You're becoming a guardian!" North said.
"No, no and no. I don't want to become a guardian." The music stopped.
"Why?"
"It's too much work and I'm just not cut out for things like this. I don't even know why I was revived after dying."
"Okay, that's similar to what Jack said but in the end, he became a guardian."
"Maybe she needs some motivation," Bunny added. I rolled my eyes.
"If you don't mind, I'll just be going." Sandy stopped me.
"What?" He did a bunch of sign language but I still couldn't understand.
"Sandy, she's confused," exclaimed Tooth.
"It is a rare thing for someone to remember their memories and also have no record of ever having their tooth collected," North commented.
"Does that mean anything?"
"I don't know yet but it could tell us something about you."
"Stalkers."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah?"

~A few minutes later~

I was sitting on top of a mountain with Jake.

"What do you plan on doing?" he asked. I shrugged.
"We have more important things to think about like Pitch. How are we supposed to get rid of him...again?"

Jake just sat there, looking out at the vast sky. A cold burst of wind blew our way. I shivered. Jake climbed into my lap.

"Need a blanket?" Jack asked. I nodded. He passed it to me.
"Thanks."
"You're welcome. Anyway, what are you doing up here?"
"Just thinking."
"You know, I'm getting sorta jealous that you're always with Jake and not me," he said.
"And why would you get jealous?" He blushed slightly.
"I'll tell you later."
"Whatever." I soon fell asleep.

Jack's POV

(Y/n) fell asleep. Her face looked so beautiful and peaceful when she slept. Jake fell asleep in her lap as well.

"What is the truth you are hiding?...or perhaps, you don't know anything." *sigh*
"What are you whispering to yourself about?" Bunny asked.
"Ssshhhhh!"
"Gosh, sorry mate. Couldn't see behind your big head," he whispered.
"You blind kangaroo."
"Is that a fight you want, mate?!"
"Calm down, I was only joking."

I picked (Y/n) and Jake up and went back inside. Tooth had prepared a room for them. I put them on the bed and left.

"So how's your love life?" North joked.
"There is nothing going on between us!"
"You're aggressive about that opinion."
"And?"
"Nevermind."

(A/N): Sorry about the shorter chapter