Happy Ending

(Y/n)'s POV

I was sitting under a tree in the forest, talking to Michael.

"How's life?"
"Is this what humans usually talk about?" he asked.
"Well, yeah mostly. Depends."
"Why are you always talking to me? There are other animals out there, you know."
"Yeah I know but you're the only one I know."
"Then you try communicating with them first."
"I don't know where to find them."
"Stop making up excuses." I pouted.
"But it's fun talking to you."
"I'm sure it'll be fun talking to other animals as well."
"Hehe." Suddenly, a location popped up in my mind.
"Oh sorry, I have to go somewhere, bye."
"Bye, take care." I whistled and jumped on Jake as he flew past.
"To (place) please."

In the next few minutes, we arrived. This time, it wasn't that bad but I wouldn't say it was way better either. I started to heal the plants but something cut a branch. A cut appeared on my leg. What was that?

I healed myself and continued to heal the plants. Jake stood protectively close to me. He rarely stayed in his normal form these days. This time, a bush was cut in half. Two cuts appeared on my arm. I quickly healed that.

But then, the mysterious thing cut a lot of the greenery and I had cuts all over body. What was happening? Jake could smell the 'thing' and growled.

"Do you know what it is?"
"It's a werewolf," he replied.
"Oh okay...wait what?!"
"But I do not know the reason why it is tearing apart the plants you are trying to heal."

I healed myself. I healed the plants again but it just reared apart the ones I healed. This was strange.

"(Y/n), heal them. I'll prevent it from injuring them."

I nodded. He ran off and bit the werewolf's neck. It shook Jake off. He looked at me as if to tell me to hurry up. Right, I really should. I healed the plants. It took a while but I had finished. Jake was still fighting the werewolf. I used vines to tie it up.

"Why are you ripping the plants apart?"
"Damn it, I've been caught."
"You know I can understand you, right?" It looked shocked.
"Demitra told me to, she said that if I wrecked the plants you are healing then you would be hurt as well."
"And why are you doing what she tells you to do?"
"Because...good point. I actually have no idea." I face palmed.
"I'll let you go but promise me that you won't do anything bad again, got that?"
"Yeah, I promise." I smiled and let it go. It ran off.
"Are you sure you want to let him go so easily?" Jake asked.
"Well yeah. After all, Demitra was behind this and he had nothing to do with it."
"*sigh* I hope you're right."
"Why are you so negative all of a sudden?"
"They were the ones that killed my parents."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
"It's fine, it's not like he's one of them."
"One of them?"
"The ones that kill for fun and what's worse is that they just leave you there without eating you. They kill for sports. It's almost like a game. That's how my parents died, they were the targets."
"I'm sorry, Jake. I didn't know."
"Shall we go back?" I nodded and got on.

~Bunny's place~

"Why are we here?"
"Don't know, I just felt like it," Jake replied. Seriously?
"Boo!"
"Nice try, Bunny but it's not gonna work."
"Awww, why not?"
"Jack used to scare me like that so I'm prepared for when the next time comes."
"That ice popsicle." I giggled.
"Come on, there's something you need to see."

I followed Bunny to a small clearing in his burrow. I never knew he had a place like this. There were some candles placed in the shape of a heart. In the middle, it said 'I love you' on top of a frozen lake.

"Happy birthday, snowflake." I turned around. Tears filled my eyes.
"Thank you so much!" He kissed me. *blush*
"You're welcome."
"(Y/n), we all have presents for you!" North exclaimed.
"Way to ruin the moment," Bunny commented.
"Hehe, sorry about that," replied North.
"Anyway, it's fine."
"Here." He dumped a whole pile of presents in front of me.
"Whoa, that's quite a lot." He chuckled.
"Look inside." I opened the black bag and Jamie and Bianca jumped out.
"Ah!" I stumbled backwards.
"Happy birthday, (Y/n)!" I smiled.
"We got you loads of presents," Bianca said happily. There were at least ten in there.
"You guys really didn't have to do this for me..."
"But you're our friend," Tooth replied. I hugged all of them.
"Thank you...for everything."

I opened up the presents. The first one was from Jack. It was a snowflake pendant with a picture of everyone inside. He helped me put it on. Jamie got me a bunch of snacks. Jack and Bunny tried to take them off me.

"Oi! They're mine!"

Bianca got me a new pair of shoes and some accessories. Bunny got me an Australian souvenir. It was a kangaroo plushy.

"Oh look, it's you," Jack said.

Bunny just glared at him. I laughed. North got me a snowglobe with my family inside. Tooth got me a cute bracelet with some plant charms on it. Sandy got me a dream catcher.

"Thanks guys." This was perfect. After that crisis with Demitra, this was just what I needed. I was glad I had friends like this.
"Like your presents, snowflake?"
"Y-yeah." There were still a few unopened ones. The rest of the day was filled with laughter and fun times.