Date Night

Luke pov

I can't wait to take Jayla on your first date. Im nervous. I haven't been on a date seen freshman year of high school.

"Dad I'm leaving. " I said walking out the door. I called Jayla to let her know I waiting for her outside my house.

"Hey Baby. " Jayla said getting into my car.

"Hey." I said kissing her. "Ready to go."

"Yea. I kind of nervous. " Jayla said.

"There nothing to be nervous about. " I said kissing her hand and heading out to the movies.

The movies Jayla Pov

"What movie do you want to watch?" Luke ask me as we walk up to the ticket booth.

"Let watch Prisoners. If that okay with you. " I said. Jake Gyllenhaal is so sexy.

"Yea. That cool with me. " Luke said paying for the tickets.

As we walk into the movie theater, people are already starring and turning heads.

Luke Pov

As we walk into the movie theater, people are going nuts.

"How did he get a black girl. " A black girl said to this boy sitting beside her. I guess it was her boyfriend.

"Stay with your own kind son." This old white man said loud enough for me to hear.

"Let sit here. " I said. It was a good shot for Jayla and I to be out of people sight.

As so as we sit down I put my arm around Jayla shoulder. She laid her head on my shoulder.

I still can't believe we are dating. She the best thing that could ever happen to me.

Jayla Pov

"The movie was great. " I said as Luke and I walk out of the movie theater.

"Yea. You hungry? " Luke ask me.

"Yea, I can eat. "

As we walk to Luke car a group of black people was gather around this one car. smoking weed. As soon as we pass them all I heard was, "sell out", from the group of black people. Luke pull me in closer to him and kiss me on my cheek. Tgis pissed of a couple of black guys so that started to walk are way.

"What all that about? We see you with the black chick. You don't have to be a show off. " One of the black boys said. "Why you with this cracker anyway? We black boys not good enough for you. " Another black boy said.

"You know what Fuck you." Luke said. walking up and getting into one of the black boys face.

"Luke don't worry about it. " I said trying to push Luke back.

"Naw. I'm not going to let these people talk about us like that. " he said pulling me out his way.

"Listen to your girl mane. You don't wanna start no trouble. " one black boy said.

"I'm not starting the problem, I am finishing it." Luke said getting back into the guy face.

"Luke baby. Let just go." I said begging him.

"You begging him now." Onr of the guys said. "Who is he, your master or something. " and as so as he said that Luke punches him straight in the nose. I pull Luke away from the two black guys.

"You just fuck up now white boy. " the guy said as he grab his nose. "Watch your back." he said walking back to the car with his friend.

"Because next time your little black bitch want be here to stop me for kicking your ass. "

We finally made it to Luke car.

"Are you okay." I tried to ask Luke but he want listen to me. "Luke. " I said screaming.

"Yeah. I'm good. " Luke said not looking at me.

"Luke, why want you look at me. "I ask him. I could see the anger and saddest in his eyes.

"Let just call it a night. " Luke said walking to his side of the car and getting in.

"Luke look at me. " I said screaming at him. Why want he look at me.

"I can't. I just can't. " Luke said putting the car in drive.

Luke Pov

I just couldn't look at Jayla. I didn't want her to see the anger in my eyes. I hate it when black guys get mad when they see a white guy dating a black girl. It like they can date are women but we can't date theirs. I didn't feel like taking Jayla out to eat because I didn't want to deal with this type of bull shit.

"You want something from McDonald or somewhere. " I ask her. I just can't send Jayla home hungry.

"Why won't you look at me?" Jayla ask me.

"I don't know. " I said finally looking at her. "It just I dont want to see the color difference between us." I said making Jayla pause for a few seconds.

"There not no differences. " Jayla said in a sad voice.

"Tell the world that." Luke said pulling up into Mcdonald driveway.

Jayla Pov

I can't believe Luke would say something like that. I can't believe he wouldn't look at me because I am black. We know there a difference in are skin color and there also a difference in are religion. I'm Christian and he Jewish, but that doesn't stop me from dating Luke either do are skin color. I wish Luke could see the same thing.