Nobody Wants To See Us Together

Jayla POV

It Monday morning and I'm ready for school, it the last week of school and graduation is right around the corner.

I ride to school with Rod this morning. I didn't feel like riding alone. The twins had to be to school earlier then me.

"So you and Luke still dating? " Rod ask me.

"Yes. Why wouldn't we be?" I ask him.

" I surprise he haven't turn into a racist again. " he said.

"Rod you have to let that go." I said. "It not like he call you or me a nigger." I said.

"But what if he do? What if you two get into an argument and he calls you out your name, then what. " Rod said making me realize things.

"I don't know. " I said, I can't say I have never thought about it. "I just hope it don't get to that point. " I said.

Luke POV

I'm going to skip the beginning of school and hang out with some of my bros.

"What up Adelstein. " Sean said

"What up." I said walking up to the group of white boys.

"So what it like dating a black girl?" Sean saud

"It like dating any girl. " I said.

"You wanna smoke. " another guy ask.

"Naw man, I'm good. " I said.

"You don't smoke Adelstein. " Sean said

"Naw." I said.

"So how it like fucking a black girl?" one of the boys ask me.

"It way much better than any other girl I been with. " I said bragging.

"That head good." Sean ask.

"I don't want said alot but damn man. She know what she doing. " I said making the group of guys laugh.

"You know I dated a black girl." Sean said.

"When?." The guys smoking said.

"Before my dad found out. " Sean said. "You people good with you dating Jayla?" Sean ask.

"Yea, it her family who trippin." I said, I know Jayla uncle doesn't like me.

"That fuck up." Sean said.

"She into threesome." One guy ask.

"Man fuck you. " I said. "I going to head out before the school day is over with. " I said leaving the group of white boys.

School before 5th

I met up with Jayla before 5th period.

"Hey baby. Where you been? " Jayla ask me.

"Hey." I said grabbing her books."I been hanging out with some friends." I said.

"You been smoking? " she ask me aswe walk down the hall.

"I don't do that shit." I said stopping in the middle of the hallway and making Jayla stop.

"What?"she ask me.

"Let skip." I said, even though I just got here.

Jayla Pov

"I can't skip, my uncle will kill me. " I said beginning to walk again. "Plus my uncle not talking to me." I said as Luke pulling me back.

"Why that?" Luke ask me.

"I tell you later" I said.

"Tell me now." Luke said.