Chapter 2 ~ Chilly Day

As Sean gets up from his bed, he tries to search for his white cane to guide him through the day.
As he successfully finds his white cane, he then stands up and walks downstairs with his white cane to guide him.

"Hey ma!" Sean shouts loudly that he didn't notice that Mark was inside his house.

"Hello?" Sean says quietly as he let his cane guide him towards the living room. Mark quickly follows Sean as he was about to surprise him.

"Mark?" Sean says quietly. Mark then curses silently and sighs in defeat.

"Dang it!" Mark says childishly. "I was going to surprise you but you seem to have figured it out that I was here." He then guides Sean towards the kitchen and prepares him breakfast. "How did you found out that I was here though?" He asked.

"I dunno. Lucky guess, I guess?"

"Oh."

"Where's ma and pa?" Sean tries to search the island inside the kitchen, he lays his cane on top of the island, and lays his two hands on it.

"They're working, remember?" Mark makes pancakes and bacon for the Irish lad and put it in a plate (Adventure Time @ 0 @).

"That smells good!" Sean compliments Mark's cooking as his stomach growls. Mark then passes the plate for him and guides him where the plate is.

Sean then picks up the fork and then he start stabbing the food and then eating it with a loud moan. "Calm down horsie, that food is not going to run, you know," Mark said with a chuckle. "But it's so good!" Sean replied as he ate another piece of the pancakes.

He misses these kinds of foods. The food he used to eat at the hospital tasted like garbage, not literally but more metaphorically.

It was suddenly quiet. Sean didn't knew why. He thought that maybe Mark left him while eating or maybe he just went to the bathroom but yet he still doubted that he left because Mark's scent was still there.

Finally breaking the silence, Mark finally had the urge to apologise to Sean

"Look. I'm sorry for what happened. I shouldn't have brought you to the party." Mark then hugs Sean and he sniffs a little.

Sean didn't know what to say. Would he just keep his mouth shut? Or would he comfort him and forgive him?

His mind was full of thoughts that he says, "It isn't your fault. It was an accident. You wouldn't want me to be blind now, would you?"

"Your right," Mark then releases from the hug and kisses him on his forehead. "I would've probably wanted to blind you."

"What?!"

"That was a joke, sheesh. I was maybe a little bit overboard with my emotions that's why I made a joke."

As they finally broke the hug, Sean said with sincerity in his heart, "Thank you for being there for me Mark."

1 month later

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Mark asks Sean with worry in his tone.

"I'll be fine. I'm like a walking destruction." Sean makes a slashing sound on his cane as he tries to avoid hitting people.

"I'll try to change school next week so you can have someone who guides you, okay?" Mark then tries to stop Sean from slashing his cane recklessly before he could hit someone.

"Okay!" Sean then says his farewell and went towards his school.

He tries to search the doorway but fails miserably.

As he finally found the doorway, he opens the door and went inside.

He suddenly stop once he heard that there were crowd of people whispering.

He was trying to walk forward but fails when someone trips him.

"Watch where your going! Oh wait, you can't!" Some people were laughing but some people definitely pitied him.

"Is he okay?"

"What a loser"

"I feel bad for him"

Sean hate this. He hates being belittled. He hates it. He hates the name-callings, the sympathetic looks, all of it.

He tries to hold back his tears and tries to get up again but fails because of the pain.

As he hears everyone going to their classes, there he sat down alone.

He always depends on someone ever since he was 4. He always wanted his mum's company wherever he goes. To the classroom, to the potty, almost everywhere to be perhaps. Not until he met Mark, who became his second brother. They met when they were just 6 years old and Mark was still a transferee from their school. They became great friends when someone was making fun of Sean's hat and Mark stood up for him. Ever since then, Sean became dependent on Mark.

•••

As the pain goes away, he attempted to stand up when suddenly a warm hand holds his left hand.

"It's pretty chilly day, today. Aren't you cold?" A calm and soft voice echoes inside the hallway.

"Are you okay?" The man asks Sean calmly as he helps Sean stand up.

"Uh, yeah! Just a wee bit pain, nothing to be afraid of!" Sean says awkwardly as he stands up.

"You sure?" The man checks Sean for any bruises.

"Yeah! Eh, just need my cane though because I'm, blind..." Sean asks the man to search for his cane.

"Cane? Ah, here it is," the man picks up Sean's cane and hands it to him.

"Thank you so much!" I thanked the man with a huge grin.

"Do you have your phone with you?" The man asks calmly.

"Yes! It's here in my right pocket!" Sean's hand went inside his own pocket and took his phone to let the man borrow it.

As the man tap on Sean's phone, Sean realises that today is a chilly day. His breath hitches a little as he shivers.

"You look like your cold, here" the man covers Sean his coat and lends Sean's phone.

"Let me guide you to your room," the man says quietly as he helps Sean goes to his room.

"You sound like you're new here, aren't you?" Sean says as he guesses the man's appearance.

"Yeah. Just moved here last week," the man replied as they continued to walk through the hallway.

"I'm Sean," Sean introduces himself.

"Ryan."

"Where's your first room by the way?" Ryan asks, being confuse with the directions.

"Uh, if my first subject would be Calculus, I think it's room 203,"

"Well today's your lucky day, I'm in the same class with you."

~~~