Chapter 6 ~ Give Up

~~~

They both finally wake up from their slumber.

"We should eat first before we leave," Minx suggests before Sean could say anything.

Sean wants to leave already to look for Ryan. He must admit, he loves Ryan to bits. Why? Because he was the one who pulled him out of the darkness. (Also, he smells like White Chocolates which is Sean's favourite.)

|| ~ • ~ || ~ • ~ || ~ • ~ ||

They finally went to find Ryan and know where the hell he is.

"Where should we head first?" Minx talked to herself for a while. She has been thinking about where the hell he is since they left Minx's apartment.

~ Backstory on how Sean met Minx ~

Sean was 16 years old when they met.

Sean was feeling down ever since Mark changed schools. They text like their usual selves but Sean wasn't replying as enthusiastic like he used to be.

Sean is not like the other people that has many 'friends'. He picks them wisely. But sadly, not all of them stayed near at Sean's presence.

Sean went to the nearest cafe in morning. He likes the taste and smell of coffee in the morning. He ordered one cappuccino and a croissant like he used to. I guess this was the only thing that still made Sean smile.

After finishing his meal, he headed to the exit and accidentally bumped into someone. The person Sean bumped to papers scattered all over the floor. Sean quickly helped her and apologised to her a bunch of times.

"Don't worry about it. It was just an accident," the girl with a purple highlight said while a smile crept on her lips.

"I'm Sean by the way," Sean spoke while giving her his left hand.

"Minx," she shook Sean's left hand with her right hand.

They quickly knew they were going to stay in touch

End of Backstory

Sean and Minx knew Ryan. But Minx knew Ryan better. They've been friends ever since they were 11 years old.

Minx was the first person to know the reason why Ryan had a mask on. But they parted their ways when Ryan's mother passed away from a car accident. Ryan left Minx without explaining anything.

"Where are we?" Sean asks while the sunlight roam his body. "Well, we're out of town. We took a bus to the next town where Ryan used to live, remember?" Minx responded while holding Sean's hand.

"Oh. I see," Sean wants to change his clothes already. He has been using the same clothes since last week.

"Um, not to be shopaholic or anything but do you know where we could buy clothes?" Sean asks while scratching the back of his neck. "I've been using the same clothes since yesterday," Sean lied. He doesn't want to get embarrass, now does he?

"Yeah. There's a mall past a friend of mine," Minx guides Sean towards the mall but suddenly stops when Minx saw her old friend, Ken.

"Before we go to the mall, we should ask my friend where Ryan is," Minx suggests while waiting for Sean to respond.

"Sure," Sean replies.

They quickly went towards the man's house and Minx knocks.

"Hey Ken! It's me, Minx!" Minx shouts while knocking on the door.

No one responds.

Minx tries to turn the knob and surprisingly, it's unlock. They went inside and Minx saw scattered pictures everywhere.

"It feels sad in here," Sean is right. They went towards the living room and saw Ken lying down on a pool of blood.

Minx quickly run towards Ken and calls for an ambulance.

"What's happening Minx?" Sean panicked. He doesn't know what was happening but he is completely sure that something is not okay.

"K-ken was trying t-to k-kill him-self," Minx cries out loud.

Sean felt bad for Ken. They didn't know what was the reason but the house feels depressing.

|| ~ • ~ || ~ • ~ || ~ • ~ ||

They are on the hospital, waiting for the doctor to update them on Ken. It was quiet but Sean couldn't handle his scent. He smelled awful. Sean grimaces at his scent and hears a person walking towards.

"How is he, doc?" Minx asks with worry in her tone.

"He lost a lot of blood. He nearly died of losing too much blood," the doctor responds calmly and adds, "We nearly lost him back there. But we somehow managed to save him,"

Minx sighs in relief and we went inside the patient's room.

Minx let Sean on the grey couch and let him hear their conversation.

"How are you holding on there, Ken?" Ken is basically awake this time. Sean was curious of how the man looked like, so he judged Jim by his voice.

"Not so good," Ken lets out a faint chuckle at his response.

'He sounds like a skinny person. Maybe he wears glasses,' Sean is basically solving a puzzle without seeing the pieces. It was hard for him to visualize the person's appearance considering not all people can be judged easily just by hearing their voices.

Sean's mind started to wander around this past few days. He's been having trouble figuring out how the heck are they going to find Ryan. 'He could be anywhere,' he thought.

He simply sighed in defeat and waited for the two to end their conversation.

"Sean?" He heard Ken call out his name.

"Yeah?" Sean wonders what was the reason Ken called him.

"Don't give up," Ken speaks while he's eyes were completely tired of exhaustion.

"Don't give up on what?" Sean asks. But before Ken could respond, he hears the heart monitor makes a flat wave form.

"No please! Don't make me lose you too!" Minx shouts in agony as she hugs Ken tightly.

Sean just sat on the couch quietly. He didn't even shed at least a single tear. Why? He already lost too much tears already.

~~~